"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 01-31-2011, 08:23 AM   #11
Flour Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyM
The edges aren't shredding, they're melting in the hot pan.
...yes, that's what I meant but when the melted edge cools it looks like flaking off pieces and can even get in your food over time.

I just talked to Mother and she's taking her stainless steel pan back today because the egg sticks to it too much she says...i knew it

...darned if that pushy saleslady at William Sonoma wasn't right

. My kitchen is for dancing. Bring me sunshine in a cup~emily dickinson. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
mollyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:16 AM   #12
Executive Chef

I just talked to Mother and she's taking her stainless steel pan back today because the egg sticks to it too much she says...i knew it

Sounds familiar, like most mothers across America (including mine) and Ray Romano's TV mother Marie Barone.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:46 AM   #13
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyanne View Post
...yes, that's what I meant but when the melted edge cools it looks like flaking off pieces and can even get in your food over time.

...darned if that pushy saleslady at William Sonoma wasn't right

She was absolutely right. If she really wants to make omelettes or eggs, a nonstick pan is best. I have only one or two nonstick which I pretty much only use for eggs.

If you have a WS outlet nearby, they sell small Emerilware (made by AllClad) non-stick skillets for about $20.

And, like Andy said, consider a silicone spatula or spoonula. Metal utensils can scratch nonstick (and even stainless) surfaces.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:45 PM   #14
Assistant Cook

Has anyone tried the Tupperware brand cookware? I've seen it but have not had a chance to use it personally. Any thoughts?
Old 02-09-2011, 01:32 PM   #15
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by JALRetail View Post
Has anyone tried the Tupperware brand cookware? I've seen it but have not had a chance to use it personally. Any thoughts?
I never heard of it, so I just looked it up. Wouldn't even consider buying it. It's priced as high or higher than AllClad, but it isn't even tri-ply. It's just disc bottom! Tupperware will be out of the pan business soon! Who's going to pay $180 for a single 3 quart saucepan with a disc bottom, when you can get an All Clad triply for less?

This guy is just here as a shill for tupperware. Four posts and all he's tried to do is sell his stuff. Can one of the mods get him out of here?
Old 02-09-2011, 04:31 PM   #16
Assistant Cook

I am not trying to sell Tupperware. Honestly I am a new consultant that is interested in what people think of what I sell. I know the claims of the Tupperware cookware line, but don't own any. My questions may focus on the product line that I represent, but I have never asked or invited anyone to buy or consider buying from me.

I also don't want to seem like I am trying to "sneak" and do this either, which is why in a post I mentioned I am a consultant before asking for any opinions.

I also appreciate your candid opinion. I am considering purchasing some cookware in the near future and while of course I'd love to buy from myself, I wanted feedback from people not inclined to just tell me to go Tupperware.