Has anyone tried Chantal Copper Fusion cookware?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divendra

Assistant Cook
Hello, I am new to this forum. I found it when searching for information on how carbon steel cooks. Recently I bought a set of Chantal Copper Fusion cookware because it sounded like it would be great for cooking. It is composed of carbon steel with a core of copper. The pans are lined with enamel and the outside coating is enamel as well. I was sure these pans were going to be great to cook with, but the first two things I cooked were disappointing.

I cooked a lemon chicken recipe which I have made several times before in a Farberware aluminum-clad stainless steel pan, and the results were very different in the Chantal pan. In the past, the sauce created by the addition of the lemon juice turned a nut-brown shade and reduced to a medium-thick consistency. In the Chantal pan, the sauce never darkened and didn't reduce either. It tasted good, but the results were nothing like the way the dish had turned out previously.

Then I made a dish of sausage, green pepper and onion cooked in white wine, with similar results. The green pepper seemed to retain its uncooked flavor, and it seemed to me that the ingredients didn't seem to "meld" as they had when I cooked them in the Farberware pan. The one thing I can think of to explain the difference is that possibly the Chantal lids do a better job of sealing in the moisture so there is less evaporation during the cooking.

One of the reasons I got these pans was so that I could have a good utensil to cook wine-, tomato- or other acid-based dishes in. I have some All Clad pans but don't want to cook acid foods in them. If anyone has used the Chantal Copper Fusion pans, or has an idea why the dishes would turn out so differently in these pans, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Cool

I haven't tried it but it sure looks cool on the website/brochure. :cool:

still wondering

I haven't tried it but it sure looks cool on the website/brochure. :cool:

That doesn't really help me, but at least I know someone saw my post. I sent an email to Chantal, and they never answered, so I guess they don't know either.:question:

Back
Top Bottom