Help with SS cookware buying and opinion on Wolfgang Puck Set?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I recently bought the Member's Mark Tri-Ply set and have been very impressed by this set. I also bought a single sauce pan (1qt)from All-Clad to 'fill in' the set. The All Clad and the MM pans are virtually identical in appearance and the MM actually has a more polished interior than the AC. I have not tested every aspect of them but the two types seem to cook exactly the same. I replaced my old Martha Stewart Everyday disk-bottom stainless with these and I can see a huge difference in the way they cook compared to the disk-bottom. Not "better" or "worse" but definately different; sort of like the gas/electric range difference to me.
Lovin it so far.
Nufsed

Andy M. said:
There is a Le Gourmet Chef outlet store in the Wrentham, MA Premium Outlet Mall. Also a LeCrueset outlet store and a Williams-Sonoma and a Kitchen Connections and a Harry and David.

Can't get out there without a car.

~Corey123.

Thanks for the info. It certainly looked like a nice set of cookware for the price. I drive by a Le Gourmet outlet every day. I'll have to go look at the pans in person.

BC

I just received the 2-qt. Emerilware SS Saute Pan from the company offering a rebate which was for the item being sent for free for buying the Emerilware 10-pc. SS Cookware Set.

I had already bought that item, thinking that I'd never get it for free!! Now the cookware set has been increased to a whopping 26 pieces, which is good!!

But I sent that coupon to them, along with proof of purchase back in October!!
Here it is 7 months later, and I'm just now getting the saute pan!!! I'll NEVER deal with them again!!!

~Corey123.

Last edited:
BlueCat said:

No, but it looks pretty good! I suspect this is what is called (at least in the music industry) a "stencil brand" meaning that if the retailer or wholesaler buys enough pieces from the manufacturer, the manufacturer will put any name brand on it they want.

So the Tri-Ply brand will indeed be "Only Available only at Le Gourmet Chef", but if you knew where to look, you would be able to find identical cookware with other brand names. This keeps the consumer from price-shopping the brand at other retailers.

If you google "Kelly Marsh" and click "I'm feeling lucky" it should take you right to my homepage on Active Bass. Pictured there is a prime example of this, in the form of a fretless bass made in Viet Nam. The brand name on the one I received as a sample is "Mania", but if one were to buy $20,000 worth of assorted guitars and/or basses from this manufacturer at wholesale, one could have them labeled "Fred's Guitars" or anything else one wished.

In any event, there is a lot of good stuff coming out of Asia these days. It would be interesting to check the Tri-Ply stuff out. And no, I don't know for sure that this stuff is of Asian manufacture, but I feel it's a pretty safe bet.

Kelly

I have several pieces of this stuff and it works well. It's sold in the LeGourmet Chef Kitchen Stores. I go to one in an outlet mall.

The cookware is a little lighter weight than All-Clad but I haven't noticed a cooking difference.

command performance gold

I ususally laugh at home shopping channel type cook ware. Notice the gap between the disk and the sides on WP pans. Poor design and a cheap way to produce. However, much to my surprise I received a small set of Command Performance Gold five years ago and it works just as well as my more expenseve Cusinart set. The CPG is attractive, goes in the oven, never burns my 'STUFF" keeps an even temperature, and simply does what a peice of ookware should do. I've since bought the two burner set with pots and a non stick pan. Also very satislied. Surprise, surprise 'till I found out it is HSN best repeat selling cookware.

Back
Top Bottom