"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 05-31-2009, 12:23 PM   #11
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essiebunny View Post
Andy,
Thanks for the website. Have you purchased All Clad irregulars?

No, I haven't. I know a number of folks that do, though. They are very satisfied.

I have a few pieces of All-Clan Stainless and a mixture of other brands. My preference is for tri-ply stainless. I try to find value with other brands when I can. I haven't bought a piece of SS cookware in years. I have what I need.

I have excellent pieces from Calphalon, Tramontina and LeGourmet Chef and a set from Costco.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:16 PM   #12
Senior Cook

Thanks for the reply, Andy M.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:25 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Of the brands names, I only have Revere Ware. However, I have to say the pieces I have are well over 40-years-old and made far better than those on the market in recent years. For some tasks I wouldn't trade my Revere with any other cookware. My remaining cookware is a no-name of the other brands listed, which I'm perfectly happy with.

Best of luck on your quest.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:19 AM   #14
Executive Chef

you will hardly notice the blemish on an AllClad irregular. Of the AllClad types, MC2 is the most basic and SS is the most popular as it is dishwasher safe.

Yes you can get great items at Marshall/TJMax. But you gotta be a shopper for that. If you are, it is a great way to get top line products at bargain prices. Still, you will pay $50-80 for a bargain price top line pot or pan.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:57 AM   #15
Sous Chef

All Clad is better than the others you name. That being said, I just sold two sets of Revere Limited Edition cookware. One set fully copper clad stainless, the other set tri-ply stainless, with a copper jacket sandwiched between two layers of stainless steel. Brass handles on both sets. They look and cook beautifully. Light, easy to handle. Revere made Limited Edition all copper clad for about fourteen years, the tri-ply for only two. The guy who bought them cooks professionally, as does his dad, who I know. They were bought for his own use at home, and I'm sure he can buy whatever he wants. I have a few pieces of All Clad left, gave most away, and mostly use black steel and cast iron.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:17 PM   #16
Assistant Cook

thank you

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I apologize for taking so long to respond, but my husband ended up in the ER and had to be admitted to the hospital. The cookware is not a priority right now, but I will keep your suggestions in mind.
Thanks again for the suggestions, you have been very helpful.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:17 PM   #17
Assistant Cook

Sorry to hear about your husband. I hope all will go well for him.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:08 PM   #18
Senior Cook

meanwhile, the line cooks in 99% of all restaurants are using aluminum pans or black iron skillets from the local restaurant supply. i have 2 aluminum fry pans that i put thru hell... and i have some debuyer black steel pans that i use frequently. none of them are pretty, and nothing matches, but they get the job done.