How do you clean that amber glue like build up from a fryer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KevInAlaska

Assistant Cook
First thank you very much for the time to ready my post.

How do you clean that amber glue like build up from a fryer? I have had problems in the past with this weird build up you get when you use fryers, It is kind of like tree sap but with an amber look and is REALLY hard to get off of what ever its stuck to. I just wondered if there was a good way of prevention and/or way to clean it off that works like magic or close to magic? :(

Stuff drives me nuts and was hoping for some secret that someone wants to pass on. :)

Sincerely,

Kevin in Alaska

Caustic soda based oven cleaner will do it, it`s only oxidised fats and oils, there`s only one way to prevent it and that`s too clean it up after each use.

just make sure the vessel you`re wanting to clean is made of Alu and you should just fine :)

Empty your fryer, allow to cool enough to work in it. Do a proper boil out, drain, cool some more. Then use a good ole "green pad" and hot water and elbow grease to finish it off. Rinse thoroughly with fresh water, drain, dry and refill with your oil.

It's not glorious, but it sure works.

Ciao,

Soak it in a baking soda mixture overnight and then use a scouring pad. Works like a dream. I hear Mr Clean magic erasers do the job too, but never tried them.

Buy some Dawn Power Dissolver in the supermarket and spray it on the brown goop. Wait 30 minutes. It will come off very easily.

YT2095 said:
Caustic soda based oven cleaner will do it, it`s only oxidised fats and oils, there`s only one way to prevent it and that`s too clean it up after each use.

just make sure the vessel you`re wanting to clean is made of Alu and you should just fine :)
WHAT!!!! CLEAN IT AFTER EACH USE?! I... I... I... I... I am just glad I am sitting down to hear that one. :-p

Well this question was posted because of my little personal home fryer but when I use my fairbooth fryer then I can't use that every day thing so easly. :glare:

Thank you for the cooking education though! :chef:

Sincerely,

Kevin in Alaska

VeraBlue said:
You could use greasecutter, or oven cleaner.

I should try some oven cleaner... might help.

If you ever burn something in a pan you can use white vinager and coat it and let it soak over night and it should come up no problem.

Just thought I would throw that past part in if anyone can use it. But I bet most of you don't burn stuff as often as I do... a cook with ADD and kids is a bad combination. :huh::(:neutral::sleep::dry:

sincerely,

Kevin in Alaska

Steve A said:
Empty your fryer, allow to cool enough to work in it. Do a proper boil out, drain, cool some more. Then use a good ole "green pad" and hot water and elbow grease to finish it off. Rinse thoroughly with fresh water, drain, dry and refill with your oil.

It's not glorious, but it sure works.

Ciao,

hay that was not helpful!!! heh.. :LOL:
I might as well wait for a kids to get in trouble and then QUICKLY jump on them for their 'BAD DEEDS' and put them to work. heh.. hay now that just might work ((thinking up evil scheme)).

Sincerely,

Kevin in Alaska

Alix said:
Soak it in a baking soda mixture overnight and then use a scouring pad. Works like a dream. I hear Mr Clean magic erasers do the job too, but never tried them.

Sounds like something I can try... My kind of work... Sounds so easy that I could do it in my sleep! :rolleyes:

I will have to try that one as well.

Sincerely,

Kevin in Alaska

Andy M. said:
Buy some Dawn Power Dissolver in the supermarket and spray it on the brown goop. Wait 30 minutes. It will come off very easily.

SWEEEEET!!! one of these easy solutions HAS to work! :cool:

Thank you everyone for the suggestions... even those.. er... get your elbows dirty types... :wacko:

Sincerely,

Kevin in Alaska

Back
Top Bottom