How do you season anodized pots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tallygirl7

Assistant Cook
Hi, i'm new i just got a new set of anodized pots and pans and there are no instructions on how to treat them before use, anyone know?
Thanks

Hi, Tallygirl7. Welcome to DC.

Your cookware should have come with care instructions. You can season your anodized pieces by brushing them with some vegetable oil and placing them, upside down, in a moderate oven for about an hour.

The anodized part is just on the outside. What is the pan itself made of?

Chances are you do not need to season it at all. Just wash and use.

Katie E said:
Hi, Tallygirl7. Welcome to DC.

Your cookware should have come with care instructions. You can season your anodized pieces by brushing them with some vegetable oil and placing them, upside down, in a moderate oven for about an hour.
I know this sounds stupid, but inside and outside the pots or just inside.
thanks for your help.

I really really really doubt you need to season them at all. What brand are they? Do you know what they are made of?

My husband found the care guide, you do have to season them inside, very light oil, on the stove top med heat for 2 to 3 min and you're done. they are nonstick cast iron i believe. But thanks for everyone's help!!

I'd love to know the brand. I have hard anodized aluminum and they do not require seasoning - they require very careful cleaning after each and every use to keep them from oxidizing.

Sounds like the interior is a non-stick surface such as teflon. I'v never heard of teflon on cast iron. Couls you share the brand name and model?

Andy M - I am puzzled by this too and hopefully our OP will be back - I too would love to know the brand. It sounds like the 2 - 3 minutes of heating up is more for actual "cooking" i.e., heating the oil before "whatever" is added to the pan to cook versus seasoning. Am I missing something here?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom