"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware
Old 12-21-2005, 06:40 AM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire
i bought a wall rack to hang the pans and smaller pots over the microwave, and the lids are stored vertically in an old lp album rack, every other rail removed so they'd fit, in a bottom drawer.
baking sheets, dishes get stored in the oven, along with my new pizza stone (great tip andy m! thanks) inverted, and covered with aluminum foil to protect it.

in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.
beidh ar la linn.
wisdom is often in short supply within ones' ego.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 06:59 AM   #12
Executive Chef
I have a wall-mounted pot rack I love, love, love. I took it to a glass place & had a mirror affixed to the back, so it looks like a window. (The big colander is hanging on it too.) Some under the cabinets stacked by size, some lids inverterted; and some on shelves in cupboards. In my catalog-order days, I bought a shelf you can stack a few plates and bowls in compartment like dividers. The big roaster and pizza trays are in the oven. (If I'm really tired, the big Dutch oven temporarily sits in the dishwasher ) On the kitchen counter I have a vanilla crockery-like pitcher that holds whisks, garlic press, wine bottle opener, and silicone utensils. I HATE clutter. One of the catalogs I recall has a shelf-like thingy I may order that holds pot lids vertically. I HATE clutter. Did I mention I HATE clutter?

mish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 07:07 AM   #13
Head Chef
Most of our pots and pans hang from the ceiling (We have wooden rafters, and there were nails there when we moved in, so...)

The rest and the lids go into a cabinet. Nothing fancy.

ronjohn55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 07:13 AM   #14
Executive Chef
Not that any of you are doing it, but stacking your new stainless steel cookware set isn't a good idea either.

This also paves the way for nicks, scatches, dents & abrasions. Hanging them up with a little bit of space between them is the best way to store them!

I also keep the glass lids in a wire basket that I didn't have any use for. I had to buy that just to get the small rack that came with it so that I could take the scanner off the desktop and put it down below on the bottom self over the printer.

But it wasn't until I bought the new cookware that that basket came in quite handy for the glass lids to the pans!

Corey123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 10:20 PM   #15
Assistant Cook
I have a couple of storage areas.

Colorful Le Creuset - I have those tall metal floor LC pot racks that I display all my LC on.

All Clad - I only have a few pieces of that but I have a metal ceiling basket hanger that I place them on.

All other cookware - in a pull out base cabinet in the kitchen next to the stove.

Overage is down the cellar hanging on cuphooks.
"No Wire Hangers!!"
Mommy Dearest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 01:05 AM   #16
Executive Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
I store some of them on a new addition - a pot rockabove my penisual (my new ss) - easy to reach and put away when cleaned. However, I also have a lazy susan that has a bunch of "not often used" pots and pans with the lids - pans on one side, lids on another (I'm anal, remember, everything has its place and has to be properly stored - I drive my family nuts!)
Michele Marie
Michelemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 08:50 AM   #17
Senior Cook
Here's what we did..

While remodeling and trying to come up with a solution for the exhaust fan (big box) over the 1950 Roper stove, we decided to hang a rack and display copper pans. Well, after shopping around we were shocked at the price of copper. We, "she" , came up with the stainless.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kitchencrop.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	947  
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 01:05 PM   #18
Head Chef
Send a message via MSN to Caine
My kitchen has a very low ceiling, and not much cupboard space, so I have a wall mounted rack for all my pots and pans, and the two hanging baskets that came with it hold the lids.

Caine is offline   Reply With Quote