"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 12-12-2004, 01:43 PM   #11
Master Chef

I treat NONE of my cookware carefully. When I'm cooking I'm having fun, sometimes entertaining guests, sometimes shooing kids and animals from under foot. I've veered away from La Cruesette after seeing many in homes that had chips, because it weighs a ton BEFORE you put food in it, and on the other food network, gripes because well meaning freinds and relatives had ruined it when trying to clean it. I don't know about the rest of you, but anyone who wants to clean my kitchen or wash dishes when I have a half-dozen sink fulls, can go for it; I sure as heck ain't going to give them instructions and guidance, I'm going to sit down and put my feet up and enjoy the fact that someone else is willing to do the dirty work.

I have a cabinet full of china, silver and crystal. No way am I going to treat my pots and pans as if they were more precious than that.

Old 12-13-2004, 03:55 PM   #12
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire
I've veered away from La Cruesette after seeing many in homes that had chips, because it weighs a ton BEFORE you put food in it, and on the other food network, gripes because well meaning freinds and relatives had ruined it when trying to clean it. .

I have a very hard time imagining how you could hurt LC through cleaning it It is very easy to clean. I can see gouging it with metal utensils but it really does not chip unless you try. And the 4 or 5 people I know that had theirs chip had theirs promptly replaced by the retailer or LC.

IMO, you are missing out on some primo cookware, if you can find it at a price.