"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 10-17-2005, 10:11 AM   #1
Master Chef

I got me a new pot

One of my dear friends and I went to some flea markets Friday and I found me a gorgeous Copco Denmark Round Dutch Oven w/lid. Its a avocado color. I still can't believe how heavy this piece is. I carried it for over a mile throughout all those booths. But its well worth my aching bicep . So its now sitting proudly on top of my stove next to my yellow Descoware Oval Dutch Oven w/lid. Anyone else collect cast iron pots/pans covered in enamel? Example: Descoware, Dansk or Copco? What pieces do you have?

Old 10-17-2005, 10:42 AM   #2
Sous Chef

I would like to collect enamelled cast iron - it's really expensive, though, isn't it? You're a lucky duck to have found one at a flea market!

Old 10-17-2005, 11:03 AM   #3
Master Chef

You just have to keep your eyes open for them at Antique Stores and Flea Markets or Resale Shops.
I found my Descoware at an Antique Store for 9.99 and this new piece (Copco) for 10.00. I love older pieces. I've considered buying a LeCruset but I always put it back on the shelf because of the price. Plus I have a love for vintage and antique kitchen pieces. Using moms pieces when I cook makes me think of her and it feels like she's still a part of my life. For those items I've purchased its fun to wonder what wonderful dishes were prepared using them.