I got me a new pot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
One of my dear friends and I went to some flea markets Friday and I found me a gorgeous Copco Denmark Round Dutch Oven w/lid. Its a avocado color. I still can't believe how heavy this piece is. I carried it for over a mile throughout all those booths. But its well worth my aching bicep :LOL: . So its now sitting proudly on top of my stove next to my yellow Descoware Oval Dutch Oven w/lid. Anyone else collect cast iron pots/pans covered in enamel? Example: Descoware, Dansk or Copco? What pieces do you have?

I would like to collect enamelled cast iron - it's really expensive, though, isn't it? You're a lucky duck to have found one at a flea market!

You just have to keep your eyes open for them at Antique Stores and Flea Markets or Resale Shops.
I found my Descoware at an Antique Store for 9.99 and this new piece (Copco) for 10.00. I love older pieces. I've considered buying a LeCruset but I always put it back on the shelf because of the price. Plus I have a love for vintage and antique kitchen pieces. Using moms pieces when I cook makes me think of her and it feels like she's still a part of my life. For those items I've purchased its fun to wonder what wonderful dishes were prepared using them.

Back
Top Bottom