I just got a handy tool for measuring.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babetoo

Chef Extraordinaire
does anyone have problems keeping measuring spoons together in the drawer. i do, especially if the ring goes away . the ring is awkward to say the least.

while browsing a site called spices etc. i found the nifty magnetic measuring spoons:cool: they stick together with no ring . really a clever thing.

I buy a bunch of inexpensive sets of measuring spoons and take them all off the rings. I then put them in a coffee cup and store them that way. Then I can just grab whatever I need out of the cup without having to deal with all the spoons I don't need.

I buy a bunch of inexpensive sets of measuring spoons and take them all off the rings. I then put them in a coffee cup and store them that way. Then I can just grab whatever I need out of the cup without having to deal with all the spoons I don't need.

I do the same thing with a short, wide ceramic flower vase beside the range, and fill it with spatulas, whisks, spoons and tongs, but I never thought to do the same thing with measuring spoons in a coffee cup. That's a good idea!

I have 3 or 4 sets of measuring spooks, including a lot of odd sizes (½ tablespoon, 2 teaspoons, 2 tablespoons, etc.) and in various shapes, including some that are oblong to fit in spice jars. I keep them all in a drawer with other kitchen gadgets (whisks, silicone spatulas, etc.) in a drawer divider/organizer.

I think magnetic measuring spoons would be a major PITA because it would take two hands to separate them to find the one you want. Might be useful if you had something to stick them to, like a refrigerator.

I take mine off the rings as well. I have two full sets and some odds and ends in a plastic tray in a drawer.

I have 3 or 4 sets of measuring spooks, including a lot of odd sizes (½ tablespoon, 2 teaspoons, 2 tablespoons, etc.) and in various shapes, including some that are oblong to fit in spice jars. I keep them all in a drawer with other kitchen gadgets (whisks, silicone spatulas, etc.) in a drawer divider/organizer.

I think magnetic measuring spoons would be a major PITA because it would take two hands to separate them to find the one you want. Might be useful if you had something to stick them to, like a refrigerator.

my post was not clear. they stick to each other not to another surface. one end is for spice jars, etc. the other end has round ones for other uses.

Back
Top Bottom