"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 06-02-2005, 09:51 AM   #1
Senior Cook

I love my new Le Creuset!

My very first, ever, Le Creuset arrived on Tuesday evening. I was so excited - I knew it was being delivered because of the tracking number, so I prepared all the ingredients ready to make a Chicken Basque (Spanish Stew). Well - the UPS man usually comes around 3pm, and I had to go out on a dog walk with my dog trainer friend (Rachel) at 6pm, so the plan was that I'd get the casserole into the oven before I went and it would be ready to eat when I got back. 4pm went by, 4.30 pm.....still no sign of the UPS man. I was pacing around the house by then. 5pm....still no package....I finally called Rachel at 5.30 to explain why I might be a little late and while I was on the 'phone she suddenly shouted "I see him, I see him, he's just pulled up on your drive!" (She lives in the next street and can see my house from her backyard). The next 25 minutes were spent sauteeing at the speed of light trying to get that casserole into the oven in time to meet Rachel at 6pm, it was a new recipe too, so I kept having to stop to check the instructions LOL! Anyway, I got home at 7.30pm to delicious smells and wonderful Chicken Basque...

I LOVE this cookware. I have avoided oven baked casseroles for over 20 years - using either a pressure cooker or a slow cooker instead - because the meat never seemed to come out tender if I oven baked it. This Le Creuset has worked miracles, I used it for a Chilli the next day, and that came out perfect too. I was amazed at the easy clean-up too - no burnt rings round the edges, or burnt bottoms, like can happed with stoneware or glass casserole dishes, where the heat isn't distributed so well.

I loved it so much, I ordered my second piece of Le Creuset last night - a 12" skillet/fry pan to replace one of my most-used Lodge pans.

Very happy customer, and new convert!!

Paint.

Old 06-02-2005, 09:53 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Discovering a new love is always sweet, Paint. Enjoy.

Old 06-02-2005, 10:17 AM   #3
Chief Eating Officer

Congrats Paint! I felt the same way when I got my LC French Oven. It has quickly become my favorite cooking vessel!
Old 06-02-2005, 10:44 AM   #4
Master Chef

Congrats, Paint! I know just how you feel. I was talking about my LeCreuset for days after I made my first meal in it. I now say that some day I'll have to be buried with my KA and LeCreuset!
Old 06-02-2005, 10:51 AM   #5

I love enameled cast iron cookware, but though I like Le Creuset, I like Copco better!
Old 06-04-2005, 10:25 AM   #6
Senior Cook

I've never heard of Copco - I will have to look into that and see what they do. I looked into Lodge Enameled, Le Creuset and a cheaper brand (can't remember - Innova?) but Lodge hasn't really got a wide range out yet and some things are not available until October, and the cheaper brand had really bad reviews on Amazon. Finally got my Le Creuset from Cutlery & More at a really great price.

The funny thing is....my 12" skillet is due to arrive next Tuesday - dog walking night again - I'm wondering if I can resist the temptation to cook in it until Wednesday, or if I should just warn Rachel in advance LOL!

Paint.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:34 AM   #7

Paint.

Look at the thread "Name that enameled cast iron" thread in the cookware section. There are descriptions and photos of the different types of cookware.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:26 PM   #8
Assistant Cook

Congrat! I just added a new piece to my Le Creuset collection. Just purchased a tea pot.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:09 PM   #9
Executive Chef

Good heavy cookware (enameld cast iron, heavy copper, etc) is a joy to cook with, easy to clean , and produces wonderful results every time.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:06 PM   #10
Assistant Cook

Paint, I see you live in Colorado...

Don't know where you live exactly, but there is a Le Creuset outlet store in the Grape Vine Mills Mall just outside of Denver (Wheat Ridge)