I love the vintage stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess he is around my age, 50ish. But, I figured 70's stuff should be considered vintage. He doesn't. But when considering the collectors market, I guess there is some sort of cut off, or guidline.

I have an old Victrola 78 wind up record player. I am very proud of it because it is a unique and well preserved item. One day an older lady came in to my restaurant and said "What do you want with that old piece of junk?
We threw out a few of those years ago".:LOL:

A friend of mine grew up in small town Quebec, on the family farm. When her family started making more money than mere survival, in the 1950s, they splurged on brand new formica furniture. They got rid of all the "old junk" by burning it in the woodstove. :cry:

A friend of mine grew up in small town Quebec, on the family farm. When her family started making more money than mere survival, in the 1950s, they splurged on brand new formica furniture. They got rid of all the "old junk" by burning it in the woodstove. :cry:

My grandmother married for a second time to a bachelor farmer (63 and never had been married,) so she soon went on a spending spree for new furniture, and (gulp) burned all of the old stuff in a bonfire on the back lawn... 50-100 year old antiques worth more than $75,000!!!! Her new husband, Don, nearly killed her after only having been married for about a month! :wacko:

She had NO sense of value for ANYTHING!!! When she died she still had dozens of dresses and dozens upon dozens of shoes that had never been worn. Talk about a spend-thrift! :mad:

I found this at my mother's house today. One of her friends gave it to her because a couple of my siblings are into cooking, like myself. It is an old deep aluminum pan with lid in great shape. Ironically, I was shopping for something like this a couple of weeks ago. I wonder if these things can be seasoned very well. Never tried....
That looks like a Club brand .. though I never seen one bare

I consider myself "the Queen of Vintage".

I use, as a matter of daily use, an antique fountain pen; Have at least one antique oil lamp in each room of my home; Keep time by using a 110+ year old mantle clock; And I drag around a 58 year old body that is quickly turning to dust! :LOL:

Keep dragging it around Selkie mate when you reach sixty less is more:)
I keep things around me that I like to look at and bring back memories, my Mums 1960 Kenwood Chef has a place of pride in our kitchen,I still use my Dads 1940's smoked salmon carving knife its was the only "cooking" he did.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom