If you could buy any brand cookware...Stainless or Nonstick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

After trying both, Do you prefer Stainless steel or Nonstick cookware?

• Total voters
cookware

I have a set of German cast aluminum cookware called Berndes. It is excellent, the best cookware I have ever used. My kitchen also has some stainless steel as well, some all-clad and some German brand called Fissler. Great stuff. I tried a piece of Calphalon and it now sits in the back of my cupboard, I am not fond of hard-anondized. And like someone else stated, you should have a piece of cast iron. You can find that very cheap. :D

Two years ago ago I replaced my beat up old cookware with Calphalon non-stick. It was great for sticky things like pancakes, eggs and cream sauces, but it wasn't quite what I wanted for searing, deglazing and finishing in the oven under high heat - I bought All-Clad stainless and Lodge cast iron fry pans for that. I also purchased a LeCreuset Dutch (French) oven, so I'm now pretty well equiped to do everything I want.

As you have probably figured out by now - there is no "one" perfect solution for everything - unless you only cook one thing. Stainles steel has some advantages, as does anodized aluminum, as does non-stick, as does cast-iron. The French porcelin is good, I guess, but it has it's quirks and problems (thin cast iron, the porcelin chips, and it cost a fortune) - and in my opinion is no better than good old American (Lodge) cast iron that is properly seasoned.

The best I can suggest you can do is pick a set you want to "start" with and then add on other things according to what you cook.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom