"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-03-2008, 02:13 PM   #11
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,630
I was one click away from "Submit Your Order" when Jenny gave me the link. Instead of one 10" fry I got two.
__________________

__________________
Jeekinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:19 PM   #12
Senior Cook
 
chave982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 246
Well thanks for the link...I will probably use this, but I'm kinda looking more for a specific make/model that is known to be good. Does anybody have any specific recommendations?
__________________

__________________
chave982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:24 PM   #13
Executive Chef
 
Corey123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: East Boston, MA.
Posts: 2,881
The SS cookware that I have now - Emerilware.
__________________
Corey123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:28 PM   #14
Master Chef
 
jennyema's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Boston
Posts: 9,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by chave982 View Post
Well thanks for the link...I will probably use this, but I'm kinda looking more for a specific make/model that is known to be good. Does anybody have any specific recommendations?
HUH?

Was I not extremely specific about not only the make (All Clad, know to be among the best) but the types of cookware I would suggest (skillets, saucepans, saute pans with sizes)?

Then I offered up a place to buy those specific things for cheap (Cookware and More)?

Emerilware is OK, but it's not fully clad. IMO you pay a premium for his name.
__________________
Less is not more. More is more and more is fabulous.
jennyema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:36 PM   #15
Senior Cook
 
chave982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyema View Post
HUH?

Was I not extremely specific about not only the make (All Clad, know to be among the best) but the types of cookware I would suggest (skillets, saucepans, saute pans with sizes)?

Then I offered up a place to buy those specific things for cheap (Cookware and More)?

Emerilware is OK, but it's not fully clad. IMO you pay a premium for his name.
Yea, but I mean like what specific models of AllClad...I went on their website and noticed they have like 5 or 6 different types of material they sell, and a plethora of different shapes and sizes for each collection. I'm mostly looking for a saute pan...8-,10-,or 12-inch preferebly.
__________________
chave982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:40 PM   #16
Head Chef
 
Caine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: CHINATOWN
Posts: 2,314
Send a message via MSN to Caine
Le Gourmet Chef Tri-Ply Stainless Steel

The 8 piece set contains everything you need to start off with for $175.00 plus shipping. Just as good as All-Clad, but 1/3 the price, mainly becuase Le Gourmet Chef doesn't give any of them away to "Celebrity Chefs" free-fer-nuthin'!

While you're there, check out their other set, and their individual pieces, too. I have everything on that page, and then some, I have had them for years, and never had a problem with any of them. Well, I did have a rivet come loose on the handle of one of the fry pans (I have one 12-inch without teflon, one 10-inch with teflon and one without, and 1 8-inch with teflon and one without) and they replaced it immediately, for free, without an argument.

BTW, click the STORE LOCATOR button and see if there is one near you. They have a much better selection in the store than on line, and they have been known to have close-out sales on redesigned pieces (the last redesign changed the handle style a bit).
__________________
Caine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:40 PM   #17
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,630
lol
__________________
Jeekinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:45 PM   #18
Master Chef
 
jennyema's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Boston
Posts: 9,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by chave982 View Post
Yea, but I mean like what specific models of AllClad...I went on their website and noticed they have like 5 or 6 different types of material they sell, and a plethora of different shapes and sizes for each collection. I'm mostly looking for a saute pan...8-,10-,or 12-inch preferebly.
Huh? Again. Didn't you say you wanted to buy SS cookware? That sort of narrows it down to that one type of material. I gave you recs for shapes and sizes. Saute pans are measures in volume.
__________________
Less is not more. More is more and more is fabulous.
jennyema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:48 PM   #19
Senior Cook
 
chave982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyema View Post
Huh? Again. Didn't you say you wanted to buy SS cookware? That sort of narrows it down to that one type of material. I gave you recs for shapes and sizes. Saute pans are measures in volume.
All-Clad has 5 different types of stainless steel. Plain stainless, Copper Core stainless, LTD, Master Chef, and copper-coated stainless steel. What I'm looking for is if anybody has any recommendations for any specific models that would cost around $100...such as the All-Clad Copper Core Series 8" Stainless Steel Fry Pan, for example.
__________________
chave982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:51 PM   #20
Master Chef
 
jennyema's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Boston
Posts: 9,277
I assumed you were referring to SS cookware. Thats what I have and recommend. SS in and out. IMO no need to go from cheap to copper.

I gave you makes and models in that price range. On sale, they'd be less.

Good luck.
__________________

__________________
Less is not more. More is more and more is fabulous.
jennyema is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.