If you had $100 to blow, what piece of stainless-steel cookware would you buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They're made in China, just like Kwai Chang Caine!

I don't know what your problem is with Chinese goods. I am old enough to remember when "MADE IN JAPAN" translated to "THIS IS CHEAP JUNK", but now you probably drive a Japanese car (I don't), listen to a Japanese radio (I don't), watch a Japanese television (I don't), read this forum on a Japanese computer (I don't), and extol the virtues of everything you own that's Japanese (I don't own anything Japanese). Meanwhile, the Japanese companies are underpricing everything they export to the United States, with their Goverment's support, until they run their American competition out of business. And if you don't believe they're doing that, ask them to explain why the same Nikon camera costs more in downtown Tokyo than it does in downtown Los Angeles. Funny, you can't get that kind of deal on a Zeis or Leitca camera.

But, it's your money, so go ahead and buy one All-Clad pan instead of a whole set of pots and pans of the same quality, and know that you just bought a pan for Emeril, Tyler, Bobby, and Ina too.

Easy there. I make every attempt to buy American first as I think we are walking a very dangerous line by allowing so much of our manufacturing to leave the country.

I don't want to get into any confrontation here. I'm also not going to get into anything personal; so, I'll let your digs just float right on by.

We do agree on one thing. It's my money, and I'll spend it where I want to do so. I asked the question for my own knowledge and decision making process, and I made no attempt to sway anyone in any direction.

Back
Top Bottom