Individual casserole dish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NAchef

Sous Chef
I am looking for some individual casserole dishes for pot pies, lasagna, shepards pie, etc.

Does anyone have some they really like? Certain things I should be looking for? Size, material, etc.?

Thanks for the help!

I would think that any ramekin would work. I know they usually only go to what, 8oz? But, I've seen them bigger in restaurant supply stores.

I have 8 old school LeCreuset/Descoware individual casseroles I bought years ago at a thrift shop.

img_848998_0_f487f0cf974935cef99f1d099b57b27e.jpg

I love them!

I have the plain white high-sided ceramic round ones that others have pictured here that are sort of like individual souffle dishes. Have had them for 10 years & haven't used them yet - lol!!

The ones I HAVE used on an almost weekly basis are plain white ovals (approx. 3" high x 4" wide x 7-1/2" long). They're pretty much just ceramic individual "au gratin" dishes. Absolutely perfect for individual servings of pasta, flounder stuffed with crabmeat, Crab Imperial, etc., etc., etc. I bought them the same time I bought the others from a chain store called "Kitchens & Things" that unfortunately, I believe, is no longer in business.

My personal experience is that you'd get a LOT more use out of individual oval-shaped dishes than the little round ones, but for pot pies et al, you'd probably be better off with the round ones. Luckily, they're pretty inexpensive, so you might want to think about getting a set of both.

I have 8 old school LeCreuset/Descoware individual casseroles I bought years ago at a thrift shop.

img_849166_0_f487f0cf974935cef99f1d099b57b27e.jpg

I love them!

I LOVE those! Gorgeous!

I've got some smaller le creuset baking dishes that I love. I'm also a fan of vintage pyrex, but I haven't let myself start collecting them. Yet.

I do like the oval ones. I just have not been able to find anything. I will go out to a few different kitchen and restaraunt supply stores and see if they have anything.

Just used my oval ones again the other night for hubby & me: a layer of extra-virgin-oil sauteed jumbo shrimp, a layer of homemade Blue Claw Crab lump crabmeat stuffing, another layer of shrimp, & a light topping of buttered breadcrumbs & grated parmesan cheese.

NAchef - maybe do some searching online. Try search words like "individual au gratin dishes" or "individual baking dishes", etc., etc.

Thanks, I have done a little searching but havent found much. Maybe my key words in google are a little off. I will try yours.

Thanks

Well, I was just putting away the oval dishes I used for dinner the other night, & noticed for the first time - believe it or not - that there's a very faint "Corningware" stamp on the bottom. Years ago when I bought them, they were back in the restaurant supply section & there weren't any signs or labels on any of the crockery & I never bothered to examine them very closely, even with almost weekly use. Never realized these were, in fact, Corningware pieces. So I just now visited the official "Corningware" website, & unfortunately it doesn't look like they make these anymore. Perhaps that's why these were so very inexpensive when I purchased them way back when - they may have been closeout. Now wish I had bought more of them. Anyway, they were/are part of Corningware's "French White" pattern series. Perhaps you can scare some up on Amazon, E-Bay, or some similar site that carries kitchenware. Look for "Corningware French White Au Gratin Dishes". Everything Corningware proper seems to carry now are the larger au gratin dishes rather than the individual-size ones. Mine are straight-sided with fluting, as opposed to the slanting sides with handles the current series seems to have.

Well, I think I found what I'm going to buy! These are cheap and big enough for a big Pot Pie. I wanted something oval for individual lasagna but couldn't find anything.

I don't really need a dozen but the price is right and if we decide to have a dinner party these will come in handy.

In case you didn't see the embeded link Tuxton BEX-1604 16 oz. Ivory Swirl Ramekin/Souffle 12/CS

feedback welcome, still haven't bought so if this brand is bad let me know.

Thanks

I've recently found some LeCreuset rectangular stoneware ones at TJMaxx for about $7 each.

Back
Top Bottom