"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 02-27-2008, 10:22 PM   #11
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to SueBear
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMeg View Post
I'm curious to see how this works for you. I was thinking the point of the foil wasn't for sticking but for easy removal so you can lift them off the pan, cut the dough and put back on the pan for the second baking. All recipes I've seen for biscotti are twice baked.
That's a good point. I was thinking about that earlier tonight myself so the tin foil should be okay and yes they are twice baked, you are correct.

Old 02-28-2008, 01:30 AM   #12
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to AMSeccia
Biscotti actually MEANS twice baked, so if you ever see a recipe that is not, keep walkin!

Old 02-28-2008, 02:42 AM   #13
Senior Cook

The biscotti doughs I usually make are usually pretty dry and not inclined to stick to whatever they're baking on, but the parchment does make it easier to lift the "log" after it comes out of the oven the first time. It's also good for lining the pan when it comes time to drizzle certain varieties with chocolate!
Old 02-28-2008, 09:43 PM   #14
Sous Chef

Oh man, drizzled yum! So now I want biscotti with a hot cup of strong coffee. I need to find the diet portion of this website before I get into even more trouble!
Old 02-29-2008, 03:12 AM   #15
Master Chef

As a veteran of lots of baking cookies with insulated cookie sheets go with the parchment paper. It's easy to use and you can reuse it over and over. Cookies that recipes call for oiling the pans don't have to be and like Katie pointed out the cookies slide right off of the paper. A neighbor of mine who always made tons of cookies for the kids on our street looked at me suspicously when I handed her a sheet to take home and use.......never had heard of them.....now she won't use anything else.....it also prolongs the life of your pans and makes cleanup super easy.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:18 AM   #16
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to SueBear
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrThunder88 View Post
The biscotti doughs I usually make are usually pretty dry and not inclined to stick to whatever they're baking on, but the parchment does make it easier to lift the "log" after it comes out of the oven the first time. It's also good for lining the pan when it comes time to drizzle certain varieties with chocolate!
I didn't like the idea with having them drizzled with anything to be honest. I preferred to have them plain and used for dunking in morning coffee. That is how I used to eat them since a child so it is mainly personal preference.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:31 AM   #17
Senior Cook

Of course! I forgot to mention the biscotti in question was chocolate-chocolate chip drizzled with two kinds of...well, you can guess.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:58 AM   #18
Sous Chef

Next time I visit my brother, I'm looking you up for Death By Chocolate Biscotti!