Is there a piece of cookware you regret buying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anniecakes

Assistant Cook
I think I can luckily say that I've used everything I've bought over the years - at least once. I hate that I have a few that have become one-time-only purchases. The worst, as in most expensive, would have to be my 15.5 qt LC Goose pot. I've used it once in three years I think - for baked beans of all things! I think I could have bought an acre of land somewhere for what this pot cost :(

actualy there`s been quite a few things I`ve bought that Really were NOT worth the cash, mostly pot and pans stuff.
I don`t think Anyone on here hasn`t done similar (ok maybe some of the richer more clued up folks haven`t), but us Ordinary souls have done it a few times.
it`s a Live-and-Learn thingy, at least NOW you have some valuable data to share with others of what NOT to buy :)

Devise uses for your pot. Serve BBQ to a crowd. Make stock. Make soup. Boil chickens for stock.
But, it is why I won't buy a LC larger than my (equivalent ECI) 7.5Qt. I don't have a use for it.
Sell it on EBay and get one that is more useful to you. There 's an Ebay sales store that will handle it all for you at ParkRd.--up near Total Wine. Or sell it on Craig's List.
And hello from nearby.

I have bought a few things I really can't regret, but have never used ! My electric fondue pot, stove-top smoker plus a few others - :ROFLMAO:

Candocook said:
Devise uses for your pot. Serve BBQ to a crowd. Make stock. Make soup. Boil chickens for stock.
But, it is why I won't buy a LC larger than my (equivalent ECI) 7.5Qt. I don't have a use for it.
Sell it on EBay and get one that is more useful to you. There 's an Ebay sales store that will handle it all for you at ParkRd.--up near Total Wine. Or sell it on Craig's List.
And hello from nearby.

Ok, now THAT has Totaly confused me????:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

earlier in my cooking life I bought inexpensive (though reasonable) pots and pans that would have been considered fine for most jobs in the kitchen back in the 60s. However, I did most of my real cooking in cast iron, both seasoned and enameled. As those first pots died naturally, I replaced them with top shelf cookware. It is true, I do not use my 12qt stock pot often, but it does get a workout with the turkey (brining, and later soup) so it has not been a waste.

Probably cheap mandolins and poor knives at first were my greatest wastes of time!

Is there a piece of cookware you regret buying?

Yep, an AC nonstick skillet. And what's worse, a gal I knew who used to sell the stuff had warned me off AC's NS products, and I went and bought it anyway! D'uh!

Well Hi from nearbye too!

Candocook said:
And hello from nearby.

All good ideas - tks. I actually used to have a home-based, specialty cake decorating business yrs ago and sold most of my stuff on ebay. Somehow it just seems more complicated now (but probably it's just because I'm older and busier, lol). I really should sell it and a bunch of other stuff - I'll have to check out Craig's List too. I have too many things from over the years that I can't bear to just give away for nothing or next to nothing, but I'm running out of space!

YT2095 said:
Ok, now THAT has Totaly confused me????quote]

The first poster regrets her VERY large heavy BIG Le Creuset pot. I was offering things for her to do with it so it would not be so much regret.

Definitely. A few years ago, my S.O. at the time decided I needed to buy one of those lodge two burner stovetop grill/griddles. It now occupies a permanent location on the bottom of my oven. It hasn't moved in a couple of years now. Like I said somewhere else, I wish she had made off with that $20.00 slab of cast iron when she left, rather than my $135.00 Rowenta eletric iron!

I forget what brand it was, but a few years back I bought a rice cooker. It was great for easily cooking up some rice. Unfortunately, what was supposed to be a "no stick pot" inside of the rice cooker didn't seem to work. It took me longer to get all the rice off the pot then it did to cook the whole dinner.

I gave it a couple tries and then threw it away. So, be careful when you buy a rice cooker and read reviews first.

Back
Top Bottom