ISO Cake pans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wyogal

Head Chef
I would like to get some cake pans. Recommendations for pans that aren't too pricey, to get me started. Looking specifically for 8-inch round to start with. Should I go to that section in the big box store with the name brand cake decorating line? The pans I have now are rusty, cheap cheap and sides are too low, so anything would be an improvement.

From my own experience I would suggest NOT getting non-stick pans. The coating comes off no matter how careful you are and then they are no good for cakes as you don't want to get the coating in the cake. I like a good aluminum pan and have many of the pans listed on the link Andy gave you.

The other problem with non-stick pans is that the darker the coating, the darker and harder the outside "crust" will be on your cake and you have more chance of the centre not being cooked while the outside is very dry.

You don't have to buy the "big name brand", but if you want your cakes to turn out well and your pans to last, don't go cheap either.

i just did a search for a pan. then checked out wilton.come for giant cupcake pan. found one six dollars less at amazon.com. that paid the shipping. tried kitchenkraft.com and it seemed a bit pricey to me.

i just did a search for a pan. then checked out wilton.come for giant cupcake pan. found one six dollars less at amazon.com. that paid the shipping. tried kitchenkraft.com and it seemed a bit pricey to me.

Babe, I have that pan and it is very useful! I got it for 50% off at Michael's a couple of years ago. Worth it's weight in gold! Everyone loves it.

Babe, I have that pan and it is very useful! I got it for 50% off at Michael's a couple of years ago. Worth it's weight in gold! Everyone loves it.

now that was a good deal. i am looking forward to trying it it. lots of hints on how to use. either amazon or wilton. did you have problem with one part, i think the top, getting done before the bottom. did you have this and how did u solve. :chef:

If you have a commercial restaurant supply store handy you might check and see what they carry. This place Ace Mart is just down the street from where I live and they have about the best prices in town for standard cake pans. Michael's is an arts and crafts store and they have the best selection and prices for specialty cake pans (cartoon characters, etc.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom