"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 02-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #11
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
...generally speaking, I agree with you re the non-set thing; however, I wanted to make a full switch and replace my basics as well, so thought a set might not be a bad idea...
I'm the same way and was also replacing an entire set, our original Reverware set we got when we were first married. I'd say it was around 20 or 25 years old when we switched over to the Cuisinart.

Old 02-02-2012, 03:02 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammster View Post
I'm the same way and was also replacing an entire set, our original Reverware set we got when we were first married. I'd say it was around 20 or 25 years old when we switched over to the Cuisinart.
I still have my 1.5 qt. saucepan from Revere. Wouldn't get rid of it for anything. Just the right size for a heatup of a bowl of soup or leftovers from the fridge. Those pans last forever. I no longer polish the copper bottom though. No one sees my pans except me and I don't care if it shines or not.

Old 02-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #13
Senior Cook

Addie, I have to admit that I also saved my 1.5 qt Reverware saucepan. It's what I learned to cook rice in and I wouldn't trade it for the world for making great white rice. As you say, it's good for small amounts of things. Mine doesn't have the copper bottom, just stainless all around, and like you I don't care too much what the outside of it looks like.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:18 AM   #14
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
Joshua - generally speaking, I agree with you re the non-set thing; however, I wanted to make a full switch and replace my basics as well, so thought a set might not be a bad idea. Thanks for your thoughts on the MCP and Tramontina. Good to know they're both decent.
That makes sense. If I needed to replace everything I would get the MCP set, based solely on the quality of the saute pan
Old 02-03-2012, 01:32 AM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Macy's has on sale a set of Belique cookware for $129.00
Old 02-03-2012, 03:50 AM   #16
Senior Cook

Thanks everyone (Addie - no Macy's in Canada - that I know of, at least - ...too bad!)

Thanks Josh, will check out the MCP for sure and will also check out the discount stores. I've seen a few pieces here and there (grabbed a Calphalon triply saucier/sauteuse/chef's pan...whatever you want to call it for about $40 once).

I'm becoming more inclined to just grab pieces as then I'll get what I really want.

Tags
cookware