ISO design ideas for a new kitchen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicklord1

Senior Cook
We are getting a new kitchen next year . The kitchen in its self is huge and i just wanted some ideas which would make the kitchen a truely culinary delight to work in.

Can you post a picture of what it looks like right now? That will help us know what we are working with.

You could try looking online on any sites that do kitchen remodeling cause they may have virtual kitchens where you can choose the size, layout and placement of appliances, etc. I think Sears had such a thing a while back, not sure now though. If not, I am pretty sure there is software out there that allows you to enter the size and layout of your kitchen or any room and then you can play around with what size stove, fridge, counters, etc you can fit in there and lets you see how it would all look and fit.

Both Lowes (let's build something together) and Home Depot (You can do it. We don't care.) have free kitchen design services at their stores, hoping, of course, that you'll buy everything you need from them. I certainly wouldn't see any harm in prolonging that fantasy for them.

list your priorities: for example:

range: gas or electric, dual fuel?, cooktop, rangetop or full range

smooth top or induction? wall ovens? convection? Top line Wolf Viking Thermador Dacor DCS etc or top line GE Kenmore etc. 6 burner 5 or 4? basic white stove?

double well sink, 2 sinks in different locations? 1 or 2 dishwashers or the new dish drawers?

type of refrigerator / freezer

counter type, island? cabinet size and type

floor material

What works for me may not for you, so you need to do some research and make lists.

"A culinary dream kitchen " would surprise many homemakers and home chefs as too small and missing many gadgets or conveniences.

built in chopping board/s.....one deep sink, plus regular one...pull out drawers for pots and pans.....heights of counters and cupboards to your specs/(height).....slots for trays and cookie sheets....desk and cork board for pinning up your notes etc.....can't think of anything else right now....good luck and enjoy!!!

real "to the outside" ventilation. The most important appliance in your kitchen is good ventilation over the range or cooktop.

real "to the outside" ventilation. The most important appliance in your kitchen is good ventilation over the range or cooktop.
I couldn't agree more, Robo. I had no idea what a difference a really good vent hood would make til I got one. I had a very, very old one (at least 20 years old) that was vented outside but it never "sucked" like my new one!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom