ISO feedback using slow cookers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bring the milk to warm. If it's too hot turn it off and let it cool. Add a little bit of starter, usually I use existing yogurt. Turn on keep warm. Let it sit until set. remove to refrigerator. You can add salt or vanilla.

Mine gathers quite a bit of dust. I love cooking dried beans in the slow cooker but for most other things I prefer other methods.

Pot roasty things and stew generally taste better in a large pot where I can brown the meat first, then I add the rest of the ingredients and let it cook in a slow oven. The oven isn't as energy efficient as the slow cooker but in the end the food tastes better because of the searing.

I take 10 minutes or so to sear in a frying pan first, then put it in the cooker.

I love my slow cooker for certain things like pulled pork and carnitas, it works great!

I have also heard (though I do not know the exact numbers) that the slow cooker's electricity use is very low, especially when compared to an oven or the like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't use my slow cooker a ton, but I'd never be without one. Pot roast, pulled pork, long cook stews etc..

I also love to use it to make Dolce de leche, by pouring sweetened condensed milk into 1/2 pint jars, screw on tops cover with water in the slow cooker and let is go all day on low. The jars come out sealed and ready for storage.

Next, I'm going to try apple butter!

I make dulce de leche in the unopened can the SCM comes in. Good idea using the Mason jars.

You'll enjoy slow cooker apple butter, Bakechef.

I don't use my slow cooker a ton, but I'd never be without one. Pot roast, pulled pork, long cook stews etc..

I also love to use it to make Dolce de leche, by pouring sweetened condensed milk into 1/2 pint jars, screw on tops cover with water in the slow cooker and let is go all day on low. The jars come out sealed and ready for storage.

Next, I'm going to try apple butter!

I confess that even though I have that nice new Crockpot, yesterday I used my old Sam's Club porcelain cast iron Dutch oven to braise a small pork shoulder for pulled pork sandwiches. I still like being able to control the cooking time and temperature using the oven.

I make dulce de leche in the unopened can the SCM comes in. Good idea using the Mason jars.

You'll enjoy slow cooker apple butter, Bakechef.

I like using the jars because it helps me determine consistency. I can take one out early if I want it to be softer to use as a sauce, and leave others in until they are quite thick like the stuff in the can.

Back
Top Bottom