ISO...glass lid for my Emeril 10" CI pan.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caslon

Executive Chef
Geesh. Am I going to have to toss my Emeril CI pan and buy a CI set that includes a glass lid for it? I've been Googling awhile for a Chef Emeril glass top lid, but they don't seem to sell one.

I may have to just buy a generic 10" glass lid and hope it fits ok.

Does anyone own an Emeril 10" CI frying pan that didn't come with a glass lid? Where you able to find a glass lid that fits on half decently over it? :ohmy:

I have two CI skillets and fortunately, lids from some of my saucepans fit the skillets just fine. None are glass but the do the job.

Do you have a round crockpot? That lid might fit. Otherwise, I just make do with the lids from my Cuisinart pans, or even a dinner plate.

I just tried my lid to my stainless steel tall stew pot, but it was a bit too small. I'll go to my Bed Bath and Beyond and see if they have any lids sold separately, otherwise, I'll have to net order one and try it and send it back if it doesn't fit (which I hate doing).

I'd rather whatever lid I find to be clear so I can monitor the food frying.

If all fails, I'll just keep it and buy another with a glass lid (Lodge).

I measured my Emeril pan and it's exactly 10.25" in diameter. I found this lid on Walmart's site for $12.00. I'm ordering one now for pick up at Walmart. Even tho my Emiril fry pan has pour spouts on each side, that's OK. It will let out some of the moisture while frying.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Lodge-GC10-10.25in-Glass-Cover/22595315?action=product_interest&action_type=title&placement_id=irs-106-t1&strategy=PWVUB&visitor_id=F9ZM6wwirZPIRUbzjJCqyo&category=&client_guid=13f5742c-b839-4a59-8510-7268ad2451cf&customer_id_enc=&config_id=106&item_id&parent_item_id=5969628&parent_anchor_item_id=5969628&guid=2eb26e59-0dee-47ba-8f3a-7d5ba406eac5&bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&beacon_version=1.0.1&findingMethod=p13n

I'll bring my fry pan with me to the store for the pickup so I can immediately get a refund if it doesn't fit well. BTW, I wanted a Lodge fry pan but all the store had was the Emiril brand and I wanted a fry pan that night.

Last edited:
Target and JC Penney both sell Lodge. As does our Home Depot. Do you have a camping /hunting goods store. They sell Lodge CI pans. Target also sells Calpholon (sp?) and they have clear lids. JC Penney carried Emeril cookware, but its been awhile since I've been in their kitchen dept.
I wonder what lines Sears/ KMart sells?

How about checking a goodwill/ thrift store for either Crockpots or 3 quart size clear Pyrex casseroles. Their lids are inter-changeable in size I found out. Or Not. I just went and measured. Those 2 may like each other but are not quite 10 inches on the inside ridge.

All of my CI is old/ bought at estate type sales or old cuz I've had the pieces for over 40 years. Of course my chicken frying pan is an odd size and no lid. I just use a dutch oven cover, which is too large, and I don't care, maybe even like that in this instance steam escapes.

Good luck searching and hope you are eating some finger licking good chicken for dinner.

I'm hoping to spend $12 for the Walmart lid instead of $49.00 for a Lodge skillet with glass lid. It should fit ok, my CI pan is 10.25", the Walmart clear lid is 10.25".

Speaking of this, I found another 10.25" glass lid that has much bigger dome. Good for viewing. It's $29.99 tho. I saw another glass lid for fry pans you can buy that have a little button dial opening on the
glass lid to let the steam out, just like a pressure cooker, lol. It was kind of pricey too.

Last edited:
Geesh. Am I going to have to toss my Emeril CI pan and buy a CI set that includes a glass lid for it? I've been Googling awhile for a Chef Emeril glass top lid, but they don't seem to sell one.

I may have to just buy a generic 10" glass lid and hope it fits ok.

Does anyone own an Emeril 10" CI frying pan that didn't come with a glass lid? Where you able to find a glass lid that fits on half decently over it? :ohmy:
Have you thought about emailing the manufacturer?

I have one 12" lid and three 12" pans (all different brands), and the same lid fits all three. Seems like you should be able to find something unless that 10.25" is non-standard.

Last edited:
Take the exact measurement of the pot and then go hunt the thrift stores. Take a measuring tape with you or some other method of measuring. You'll find one some day.

I've never covered fried food with a lid. The steam would soften the crispy crust and ruin it. I just use a spatter screen.
This sounds right to me.

If the temperature is just right with the lid off, then you don't have to adjust the heat. If you put a lid, it will slowly get hotter (less heat escaping) and you will have to fiddle with the heat setting and take the lid off to check the temp. I hope that made some kind of sense.

I have a splatter screen. Also I'm not worried about a glass lid keeping in moisture because my CI pan has those two pour spouts which don't get covered with the lid. That glass lid in my link posted earlier sure is neat tho, with it's own little adjustable steam vent built right into the glass lid!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom