ISO pans 26x18x2 vert-walls square-corners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvit

Assistant Cook
hi, i'm a big fail.

i can;t find pans 26"x18"x2" vert-walls
square-corners would be a bonus
a one-piece solution would be best -- i want many pans.

perhaps i'm not searching with the correct cookware verbiage..
can you help? :)

Last edited:
The largest I've seen is an 18x24x2. That would be technically a full sheet cake. A quarter sheet cake is usually 8x12, not the standard 9x13 that most cake mixes call for. Since 9x13 is the easiest to get your hands on, that's what most people buy.

Often in bakeries 1/4 sheet cakes are cut down from larger 1/2 or full sheet cakes, so they end up 8x12 instead of 9x13.

Does this help at all?

Fat Daddios makes lots of pan sizes at pretty good prices. They have nice straight sides and square corners.

For easier handling I would personally make 2, 12x 18 cakes and put them together, a full sheet can be hard to handle.

This is assuming that you are using this for cake baking.

Last edited:
Sheet pans (18x26), half sheet pans (18x13) and quarter sheet pans (9x13) are of no use to you as they all have only one inch sides.

I would do a Google search on the dimensions. Then you would find this and others.

Sheet pans (18x26), half sheet pans (18x13) and quarter sheet pans (9x13) are of no use to you as they all have only one inch sides.

I would do a Google search on the dimensions. Then you would find this and others.

yeah, i've been googling alot, of course.
but not succeeding.

hey thanks, bakechef! (thanks button was hit)
18x24x2 is great and i;ll start looking at Fat Daddios.

My cake pans all have a minimum of 2" sides, that's pretty close to standard (some inexpensive ones may come in at 1 3/4). My jellyroll sheets are barely an inch.

My cake pans all have a minimum of 2" sides, that's pretty close to standard (some inexpensive ones may come in at 1 3/4). My jellyroll sheets are barely an inch.

Yes, 2" is fairly standard for cake pans.

On the other hand, sheet pans along with half and quarter sheet pans are 1" high.

Yes, 2" is fairly standard for cake pans.

On the other hand, sheet pans along with half and quarter sheet pans are 1" high.

Strangely enough "sheet pans" aren't used to bake "sheet cakes". Cakes are usually categorized by "sheet pan" sizes though.

I have 1/4 sheet and 1/2 sheet jellyroll pans that are 1" but they really aren't made to bake cakes.

Strangely enough "sheet pans" aren't used to bake "sheet cakes". Cakes are usually categorized by "sheet pan" sizes though.

I have 1/4 sheet and 1/2 sheet jellyroll pans that are 1" but they really aren't made to bake cakes.

It may not be the norm, but I have seen cakes baked in sheet and half sheet pans then frosted and served out of them.

We always used full sheet pans to bake sheet cakes, in both bakeries I worked. They had inserts the same size, made of fiberglass, that fit inside and allowed the cake to rise two inches high with square sides.

Well, I tried looking for them, but can't remember what they were called. Shrek says they called them "Cake Boards" .....Aha! Pan Extenders:

Pan Extender Fiberglass 18" x 26" x 2", Sheet Pans & Pan Extenders

Mine are Magic Line brand, made by Parrish Pans. Google them - they're widely available in both 2" and 3" heights. They are the only true vertical sided pans I've found.

I've had them for over 30 years, and they still hold shape without warping, thanks to the flange around the edge.

We always used full sheet pans to bake sheet cakes, in both bakeries I worked. They had inserts the same size, made of fiberglass, that fit inside and allowed the cake to rise two inches high with square sides.

Well, I tried looking for them, but can't remember what they were called. Shrek says they called them "Cake Boards" .....Aha! Pan Extenders:

Pan Extender Fiberglass 18" x 26" x 2", Sheet Pans & Pan Extenders

I've heard of those. By the way it sits in the pan, it looks like it might make the cake a bit smaller than 18x26, similar in size to a full sheet cake pan :whistling

Mine are Magic Line brand, made by Parrish Pans. Google them - they're widely available in both 2" and 3" heights. They are the only true vertical sided pans I've found.

I've had them for over 30 years, and they still hold shape without warping, thanks to the flange around the edge.

I've been looking at both that brand and the fat daddio's. I got 2 of the fat daddio's cheesecake pans (looks like a regular cake pan with a removable bottom that just sets there, no clamps involved. And the quality of the fat daddio's seems really good and the sides nice and straight.
41%2BrGhsrGyL._AA115_.jpg

I think that the next time I order a new cake pan I'll order a Magic Line pan, just for comparison's sake, both seem to be very highly rated on Amazon.

I've heard of those. By the way it sits in the pan, it looks like it might make the cake a bit smaller than 18x26, similar in size to a full sheet cake pan :whistling

Silly! Like a 1/16th of an inch on each side makes that much difference. You do have to make sure there's room for the icing:pig:

They do fit snug in the pan, get good height on your cakes and nice square sides. I do miss working in the bakery...:huh:

PrincessFiona60 said:
Silly! Like a 1/16th of an inch on each side makes that much difference. You do have to make sure there's room for the icing:pig:

They do fit snug in the pan, get good height on your cakes and nice square sides. I do miss working in the bakery...:huh:

I'm a guy, of course 1/16th of an inch makes a difference..... :LOL:

I will admit I haven't read the thread fully but saw what the requirements are and a reference to Fat Daddio's.

They are by far the BEST baking pans (and other items) around. Maybe a little expensive compared to other brands, but for quality the others do not compare!

If you want nice straight sides, sharp corners and even baking look at Fat Daddio's for sure!

Back
Top Bottom