ISO replacement lid handle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bookworm

Assistant Cook
I was given a large pot from an elderly relative who knows I cook. She can't use it any more because the lid is missing its handle. It screwed onto a fixed screw in the lid. For years she's been picking up this very heavy lid with just a hot pad over the screw. Crazy.

Anyone know where I can buy a (preferably heat-proof) screw-on replacement handle? Thanks!

Go to a used store and buy a junk lid with a good knob. Or buy a drawer knob from a building materials type store.

I buy a lot of cookware at yard sales and occasionally have to replace knobs on lids. I have used porcelain ones I bought at Lowe's or The Home Depot. Not too expensive and durable, plus the porcelain doesn't conduct heat like metal ones could.

Andy M. said:
Or you could go to a hardware store and buy a replacement knob with a screw.

Yep. I sell several styles of handles at my Ace Hardware store.

Lee

buy a replacement knob with a screw

But the only ones I've seen at the hardware store were nasty plastic knobs that looked like they were for 50 cent garage sale pans. I'll use it if I have to, but I'd rather have a cute stainless steel rooster, truth be told!

Do hardware stores generally carry heatproof knobs somewhere other than the "kitchen accessories" area? Sorry; can you tell I don't hang around the Home Depot much?

I assumed you wanted a practical knob so you wouldn't have to be, " picking up this very heavy lid with just a hot pad over the screw."

Sorry, I have no idea where to find a stainless steel rooster with a screw in it.

bookworm said:
But the only ones I've seen at the hardware store were nasty plastic knobs that looked like they were for 50 cent garage sale pans. I'll use it if I have to, but I'd rather have a cute stainless steel rooster, truth be told!

Do hardware stores generally carry heatproof knobs somewhere other than the "kitchen accessories" area? Sorry; can you tell I don't hang around the Home Depot much?

Bookworm, go to the building materials section of the store and look in the area where hardware is sold for cabinet doors, etc. That's where I bought the porcelain ones for my lids. The knobs come in lots of colors, some with decorative designs on them.

Sorry, Andy, I haven't hung around here long enough for you to know my sense of humor, and the dang Innernets can mangle intent. I really meant that I could only find plastic knobs at the hardware store and I was hoping to find stainless steel or the like, something heatproof if I could.

But....if I had my druthers, I'd definitely be looking for a rooster to grace to top of my new stock pot! Maybe I'll go into the rooster and pig stainless steel pot knob business. Y'all will be the first to know.

Thanks Katie. Back to Ace I go!

If you want the stainless steel rooster knob, I'm afraid you will have to buy the $200 pot that comes with it from Staub!

Blondelle said:
If you want the stainless steel rooster knob, I'm afraid you will have to buy the $200 pot that comes with it from Staub!

like this:LOL:

but for that sort of money the rooster should crow as well.

Did you see this ???????Sorry, this product is not for sale on our website, check if it is available in your local store.

bookworm said:
I was given a large pot from an elderly relative who knows I cook. She can't use it any more because the lid is missing its handle. It screwed onto a fixed screw in the lid. For years she's been picking up this very heavy lid with just a hot pad over the screw. Crazy.

Anyone know where I can buy a (preferably heat-proof) screw-on replacement handle? Thanks!

Why not just replace the whole lid with a new glass one? I believe Target sells replacement glass lids for pots and pans in most sizes.

It might help though to take the pan with you or measure it's diameter so that you can match it up perfectly.:chef:

Back
Top Bottom