JCPenney cooks brand cookware?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Julio

Senior Cook
Hello,

I was wondering what experience cooks think of the jcp cooks 10pc. copper cookware set? I purchased this set recently and was looking for reviews but the only thing that i can find when searching in good for "cooks 10pc copper cookware set" is calphalon cookware set.

http://www2.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?DeptID=57089&CatID=58043&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=14e8587&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CMID=57089|57341|58043&Fltr=&Srt=&QL=F&IND=30&cmVirtualCat=&CmCatId=57089|57341|58043

I haven't tried their cookware, but we did buy a Cooks brand toaster and have been pleasantly surprised. Let us know what you find out!

I have used the calphalon tri ply copper and the martha stewart tri ply copper once available at kmart. Both cooked excellently. THe amount of copper was minimal on the calphalon, pretty good on the MS. BUt both had solid aluminum cores and stainless interiors. THis from Pennys looks much the same and will probably cook up a storm.

I actually was using these pans side by side with a disc bottom stainless steel pan. It did not cook as well, period!

I'm not much of a reviewer and these are my first cookware set that i have ever owned. I can say that they look nice and the pieces weight in a few months i can give an official review.

I actually was using these pans side by side with a disc bottom stainless steel pan. It did not cook as well, period!

Hi Robo410.
I just want to clarify your last point. It sounds like you are saying the disc bottom pan did not cook as well as the tri-ply copper. Please confirm that is what you mean.

Also what pan shape and cooking task were you doing when you made the comparison if you don't mind saying.

Thanks.

Im not experienced with the cooks copper cookware from jc penny but I just bought the cooks tri ply stainless and I couldnt be happier with the quality.I had read reviews on stainless cookware for weeks before deciding on the cooks...I did read one reiview on the cooks copper (cant remember where) but the poster stated that the copper was thin and it was wearing off after only a few washings..I would say if you are wanting the cooks for the copper "look" instead of heat properties its certainly a good price and if its triply like my stainless you will love how it cooks and washes up on the inside.I know there are reviews out there on those copper cooks pots and pans, I read them, just cant remember where I did..

Hi Robo410.
I just want to clarify your last point. It sounds like you are saying the disc bottom pan did not cook as well as the tri-ply copper. Please confirm that is what you mean.

Also what pan shape and cooking task were you doing when you made the comparison if you don't mind saying.

Thanks.

The tri ply cooked much better than the disc bottom pan. I was browning meatballs for a braise. The tri ply heated up more quickly and maintained an even heat throughout. The disc bottom heated unevenly ( much hotter in the center at first, but later the sides were burning the meat) and much more sticking of the food to the pan while using the same amount of oil. These were 11" skillets (saute pans anywhere but the US) usual slope sided fry pans.

I did read one reiview on the cooks copper (cant remember where) but the poster stated that the copper was thin and it was wearing off after only a few washings.

I'm sorry but i find that really hard to believe. I have them and i am very happy with them. About 2 weeks ago i noticed that inside of the 1 1/2 quart saucepan had white spots. I did some searches and found a site that explaind how to remove it with water/vinegar/salt and it left the inside like it was new again. I was going to get barskeeper to clean the copper but i'm going to leave them the way they are. I like the used look that they have in the outside.

Back
Top Bottom