Kitchen Aid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dave are you saying Shambles is in a shambles?

I was going to suggest contacting KA, they've been known to repair a 20 yo mixer and replace another that was older. Yes, I'm going to go turn mine upside down :(

I just looked at mine. Loose also.:LOL:

I'd just do the nail polish. Don't tighten too tight, or you will strip the threads. The base is cast aluminum or zinc.

My 20-year-old K'Aid K45SS, which STILL works like new, has a rod that which the motor head pivots on when tilting it up and lowering it back into the mixing position.

It goes through the stand, and it sometimes begins to slightly side out just a little bit. I just lightly tap it back into the stand with a wooden mallot.

It's been doing that for sometime now, but I never bothered to have it looked at. Didn't think it was necessary.

~Corey123.

Last edited:
I looked for a horizontal steel rod that connects the top and bottom when the thread started and again today. My KA mixer either doesn't have the part in question or I'm too dumb to find it. Smart money would be on the second possibility.

The only horizontal steel rod that I can find is the one that I mentioned.

That part is called the pin hinge.

If you want or need further assistance, go to http://www.PartSelect.com. type in the search box K45SS or K5SS. Depending on the model that you might have.

Click on either one of the three parts pics to zoom in on one of them, and you might be able to identify the part in question.

The newer models of K'Aid Stand Mixers except the Pro 500 and Pro 600 series all pretty much use the same identical parts, and you might find the part in question there. The main difference is the power in the motor. Good luck!!

~Corey123.

Last edited:
bjcotton said:
Dave are you saying Shambles is in a shambles?

I was going to suggest contacting KA, they've been known to repair a 20 yo mixer and replace another that was older. Yes, I'm going to go turn mine upside down :(

Now now Billy :)

I contacted K/A and they say They can take it back and repair it as it is still under its 5 year guarantee, or I could try Loctite. In all events it shouldn't happen

I'm talking about #7. It is easy just to push back in. I have never tightened it--didn't know it even had anything on the interior to do so. Maybe THAT is the answer--mine has stayed "tightened".

It occurs to me that maybe the screw that is tightening it needs some WD40 to allow it to be screwed infurther--Good luck.

This screw that is in question, just what exactly does it do?

Is it for ajusting the beaters closer to or further from the bottom of the bowl?

~Corey123.

Corey
It is for holding in the bar at the pivot point (when you lift up the mixer head), I think it should have had some form of loctite applied in the factory. It seems that mine missed that vital bit of wizardry.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom