KitchenAid 3.5-quart Round Cast Iron Pot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pauline46

Assistant Cook
I just bought this Cast Iron Pot that is coated with Porcelain enamel. It's a beautiful pot. I know about regular cast iron. My dad had one, but not too sure about this one. It says you don't have to season it.

I can't wait to use my new pot. Any suggestions as to what i can make in it? Recipes? Or could you direct me to the proper thread where I may find some recipes appropriate for this pot?:chef:

No seasoning required. You can brown meat in it. It is oven safe. I have enameled cast iron and it's great to cook with.

Chili, stew, braising meats, big pot o' polenta, lots and lots and lots of stuff! I'm jealous!

Oh thank you for your replies. So you use it just like a regular pot then? How do you remove the food that sticks if you can't use soap? Is it easy to clean like that? I use micro-fiber dish cloths, they really are quite amazing.

I just checked the booklet again. I must have been to tired last night as it does say you can wash it with dish soap and use baking soda. Thanks for checking that out for me.

When it's enameled cast iron, forget all the rules for regular cast iron. They don't apply. I scrub mine with Barkeepers Friend, I soak it in water, I use soap, I cook acidic foods in it. Pretty much anything you would do in a Stainless Steel pot you can do in yours.

Back
Top Bottom