Le Creuset

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have some of the ceramic ramekins and a ceramic casserole and a tea kettle. None of the CI.

I have the original flame and yellow Le Creuset.

But mostly I have flame, yellow, and red Copco, Descoware, and Cousances.

I bought a 9 1/2 Qt Oval Dutch Oven at the Outlet this weekend for $171.

I went back to the Outlet store this past weekend to exchange the teapot that had an imperfection. I had been debating all week about an Oval Dutch Oven I saw on their 40% off table last week. Of course, I took the plunge and bought it! In the end it was just too good a price to pass up. It is a 9 1/2 Qt. Oval Dutch Oven in the color Citron. I like the color, compared it side by side to the Dijon color and this pot looked better in the Citron, I think. In any case, it was not worth another $30 to get the Dijon which was 30% off. Also the Citron pot I bought has no imperfections that I can detect. The two pots they had left in Dijon did not look as perfect. I think the sole reason for the discount is that the color is being discontinued, not because of a defect. It was the only piece left in that color on the counter.

Copco is my favorite! It is so thick and I love the bare CI bases!

Me too, but I'm biased. They're Danish :) I think they are the prettiest ones.

I like the bare CI bases, but do you think they actually heat more uniformly? Or do anything else, other than rust? ;)

I only have one small frying pan that is enamelled cast iron, that isn't Copco - it's Belgian, so I can't really compare.

Anybody have any ideas what would be good to cook in my new 9 12 Qt Oval Dutch Oven. I bought that size because my 7 1/4 Qt Round is what I use when I make soup but it always boils over because it is just slightly smaller than I need when cooking a whole chicken and vegetables in the soup. Other than that I am trying to think of other things I can use it for.

Anybody have any ideas what would be good to cook in my new 9 12 Qt Oval Dutch Oven. I bought that size because my 7 1/4 Qt Round is what I use when I make soup but it always boils over because it is just slightly smaller than I need when cooking a whole chicken and vegetables in the soup. Other than that I am trying to think of other things I can use it for.

Lots of Chili!!!:)

I am using my 9 1/2 Qt. Oval Dutch Oven for the first time today. I am making a big pot of Chicken soup. I love chicken soup and when I make it I want to have enough to last and maybe freeze some for stock. It is such a major pleasure to fit in whatever I want without worrying that it will boil over. :chef:

This time I added a rind from a finished wedge of Parmegiano Reggiano. It should be interesting to see the flavor that imparts to the soup. I also added the ribs and stems of the kale that I cut out when I made Tuscan Kale last night. I am not going to leave those items in. Obviously, I will discard them at the end and just put them in for flavor and added nutrition in the case of the kale.

The first things I did when I got my dutch oven was 3 loafs of breads at different dates with the stainless steel knob I cranked up the oven at 500 F.

The first things I did when I got my dutch oven was 3 loafs of breads at different dates with the stainless steel knob I cranked up the oven at 500 F.

So you made the bread in the Dutch Oven? What do you mean at different dates, 3 loaves at different times? How did they come out?

Anytime Le Creuset is brought up I have to smile.
I love mine

I have a a one of the smaller "french" ovens (not sure the size to be honest) and a 8 inch fry pan. Both the enamel in orange.

The best part, got them BOTH for 6 bucks.
My partner and I had went out for a walk and stopped by this random garage sale and they had just been sitting there. They are obviously 20+ in age but cook fantastically.
As epic as their stuff is, I just can't bring myself to pay that price tag..plus I never really have that sort of money to spend on cookware..I offically keep my eyes open at garage sales though. They had no idea what they had on the table..nor did anyone standing around.

I love mine

I have a a one of the smaller "french" ovens (not sure the size to be honest) and a 8 inch fry pan. Both the enamel in orange.

My partner and I had went out for a walk and stopped by this random garage sale and they had just been sitting there. They are obviously 20+ in age but cook fantastically.
As epic as their stuff is, I just can't bring myself to pay that price tag..plus I never really have that sort of money to spend on cookware..I offically keep my eyes open at garage sales though. They had no idea what they had on the table..nor did anyone standing around.

I find it amazing how many gifts and purchases are made for people with no clue!

So you made the bread in the Dutch Oven? What do you mean at different dates, 3 loaves at different times? How did they come out?

Yes the very first thing I used my le creuset dutch oven for was to bake bread. One day I made a loaf then the other day I made another loaf... I put the dut... excuse me french oven :) in the oven at 500 F when I baked the bread.

I love mine

I have a 10" or 11" frypan and a large what they call Buffet Server with cover (both in Flame) that I got at a thrift store for about $8 for the both of them. They were in brand new condition. I also found another Buffet Server in blue at a thrift store around that same time for $10 but one of the handles was broken off (still works great though).I also found a few other fry pans, etc. That was back in the day when I found all kinds of bargains in thrift stores. Unfortunately, that dried up. I think more and more people do know what they have and if they don't want it they sell it on eBay. But, I still keep my eyes open and once in awhile I still get a good bargain.

Yes the very first thing I used my le creuset dutch oven for was to bake bread. One day I made a loaf then the other day I made another loaf... I put the dut... excuse me french oven :) in the oven at 500 F when I baked the bread.

Interesting idea. I have Rumpertopf Clay Pots which I would use for that purpose.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom