Le Creuset colors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cindylouhoo

Assistant Cook
Over the last few months, I've purchased 3 pieces of Le Creuset - all on sale :LOL: So far I've bought 1 blue & 2 red. I was just curious, when you buy yours do you try to stick with just one color, choose whatevers on sale, try to match your kitchen or dishes, or get a variety for fun?

I try to stick with yellow or flame. I started off with these colors years ago.

I don't like the multi-color patchwork look in my kitchen.

My mother handed down to me [with reluctance i may add] her dutch oven and a frypan some 20+ years ago both are the bright orange [i guess it's all they offered at the time] Since then I have added to my collection and kept with the color pallet. However given the color choices now I would have choosen black or red.

I try to buy things that I know I will like forever - like the HUGE set of calphalon and all the pieces I've added to it - and now I want Viking - yikes!!!! Ok, maybe half of forever!

I think you should get what you like!!! I think the blue and red would be beautiful together!!!! If I were going to buy the Le Crueset it would probably be the red - with a piece here and there of maybe the yellow (smaller pieces).

Im would really like to buy a dutch overn , but they are so expensive. If I decide to do it, I'll get one in Flame.

Where do you think I can get the best buy?
:)

lyndalou, Look for either a LeCruset store or an outlet - they both have discounted pieces for huge discounts. Also check places like 'Tuesday Morning' if there's one near you; I've seen LeCruset at a 40% markdown there! Or------ask Santa! ;)

My Calphalon exterior is gray. When I bought my LeCreuset Doufeu, they had a gray on sale, so that is gray also. The colors are really pretty tho'.

I have a flame red casserolde dish. i saw a gorgeous powder blue limited edition piece the other day, I really like that colour, but it wouldn't go with the rest of my things, that's what I am telling myself anyway!!!

I have been waiting to buy a dutch oven for a while. I really want an orange one. I like the red, flame, and blue too, but something about the orange just really does it for me. I think maybe it reminds me of the colors in the kitchen from when I was young.

lyndalou......I saw a few pieces at TJ Maxx about a month ago....you might check there. I don't know how much the dutch ovens run normally but there it was either $90.00 or $99.00.

Good Deals

I found my 7qt. red Dutch oven thru Bizrate at the caplanduval store - only $103 & that included shipping :D Caplan Duval www.caplanduval.com
has other sales on right now - not as good as the first deal I found though.

choclatechef said:
I try to stick with yellow or flame. I started off with these colors years ago.

I don't like the multi-color patchwork look in my kitchen.

lol choc, i woulda thought everything in your house would be some shade of brown, beige, or cocoa. like in hershey pa.. everything in the hotel there is decorated in colors of chocolate. i'm not kidding, everything. towels, sheets, wallpaper, carpets, lamps. everything.

I like Le Creuset and all their colors! I have a lot of Red and Flame but I have a few pieces of Blue and Jade too. I like black too. I think all their colors are nice and am planning to get at least one piece in each color.
that way I can cook a dish to match the color of each pots!

so be adventrous!

I have 3 french ovens in blue (2 shades), a versatile pot in green and a flame grill pan (which I can't stand).

I bought the 7 qt blue first (on sale at Bloomingdales -- they have good prices) and then discovered the LC Outlet where they sell first quality discontinued colors for up to 75% off! They practically handed over the BIG BOY french oven for nothing.

So it pays if you are not picky about colors.

I stick with one color (blue). I've even passed up non-blue bargain pieces just to keep my set all one color; although with some of the very affordable pieces I'm seeing at a Le Creuset outlet near me, I could easily make an exception soon!

lyndalou said:
Im would really like to buy a dutch overn , but they are so expensive. If I decide to do it, I'll get one in Flame.

Where do you think I can get the best buy?
:)

Lyndalou, I've just purchased LC from a LC outlet somewhere in New York. I found them online and got a burr in my saddle to spend a bundle and did. It's a good place to go online and look and call the various outlet stores to see what they have. I ended up spending $900 and only got 5 pieces from the LC outlet. I sent back 3 for exchanges as they came damaged. Although I know they're not perfect quality when purchasing from LC outlet, for the price, you shouldn't have nicks or chipped handles. LC outlet was gracious in their exchanging also.
I did send back the 15 1/2 QT oval oven because I do not have a sink large enough to wash it if it ever gets used, which was doubtful after seeing how huge it was plus it weighs more than I do.
I am not sure how far you are from Tuesday Morning in Atlanta Georgia, but having just been there, they had a ton. < Which weighs a ton also so I didn't bring any home. :wacko: Rats, great prices.

about the colors

I must agree with whoever said to be forgiving about the colors. That way, you can get wonderful cookware if you're willing to mix and match the color scheme. I think they've come out with lovely new colors myself but then, that's just my opinion.

I have Flame, Red, yellow, chocolate brown, and now with the new LC, I have Azure, Cobalt Blue and 3 Nigella Lawson powder/baby/robinegg blue ones that I adore.

We've just redone our kitchen a year ago and although nothing matches regarding my LC, I couldn't care less. I'm into variety, but then, I am sure someone in this family wishes I'd stick to one:LOL: recipe for spaghetti sauce instead of dozens.:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom