Le Creuset Cookware on a radiant cooktop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chef_wannabe

Assistant Cook
Anyone using their Le Creuset enameled cast iron cookware on a smooth ceramic (radiant) cooktop? I love my Le Creuset, but just bought a new Bosch ceramic cooktop range. Now I'm getting mixed advice from people. Some say OK, others say no-way. Checked with Bosch, they said only that the cookware bottom must be flat and smooth, and don't reccomend ceramic or glass. Le Creuset, says their enameled cast iron is OK for ceramic cooktops. Any real-life experiences?

I don't have any first hand experience, but this question has come up many times. Everyone who has had first hand experience has said that it will work fine. The only thing you need to be careful of is dragging or dropping the pot on the cooktop. Other than that, it is fine and will work.

YES

Yes, I use my LC on my ceramic top stove all the time -- like at least twice a week -- and have been doing so for 6 years. It works beautifully. Just as well as they worked on my previous gas cooktop.

I also use my cast iron skillets on the ceramic stove and :shock: :shock: one of them does not have a flat bottom -- it has that little ring. Guess what? It works just fine.

My guess is that the issue with using them is more about how heavy they are. You need to be careful not to drag them on the cooking surface ever. And dropping a LC french oven would no doubt break the cooktop. So it goes without saying that you need to be extra careful in handling them.

Performance-wise, I have had no problems whatsoever.

jennyema said:
YES

Yes, I use my LC on my ceramic top stove all the time -- like at least twice a week -- and have been doing so for 6 years. It works beautifully. Just as well as they worked on my previous gas cooktop.

I also use my cast iron skillets on the ceramic stove and :shock: :shock: one of them does not have a flat bottom -- it has that little ring. Guess what? It works just fine.

My guess is that the issue with using them is more about how heavy they are. You need to be careful not to drag them on the cooking surface ever. And dropping a LC french oven would no doubt break the cooktop. So it goes without saying that you need to be extra careful in handling them.

Performance-wise, I have had no problems whatsoever.

My sister used LeCreuset when she had a ceramic stove.

can't help you there...

For many years I had several Creuset... then ended up giving them away as well as our cast iron frying pans... they were way too heavy for me to handle after I had an accident involving both arms - story too long for here...

I regret not having had the room to store them at the time... I now have one of those cooktops and do have some heavy cookware... the advice about NOT dragging them is right on!

ENJOY!!

Back
Top Bottom