Looking for a heavy, non-stick, aluminum griddle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Szil

Assistant Cook
We have been using a heavy Club aluminum non-stick griddle for about 15 years. It's approximately 11" square. It works great, takes a little while to heat up but makes perfect pancakes, french toast, sandwiches, etc. Unfortunately the non-stick has finally worn though. I'm looking for a replacement, but all I find are thin aluminum pans that do not cook evenly. We tried a Calphalon and were disappointed with its performance, and returned it.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on a heavy, thick, non-stick aluminum griddle.

I have a heavy aluminum All Clad griddle that I love. It's a 2 burner rectangular one.

I would highly recommend it.

I think Andy might have the same one.

Hi and welcome to Discuss Cooking :)

I have a cast iron rectangular griddle that fits over two burners. Works great. It was pre-seasoned so it's non-stick.

I use a Lodge? 12inch round cast iron griddle. Found it at Target I think. Love it. Nothing ever sticks to it. Have to be patient while letting it heat before using it.

I don't have an All-Clad. I had a Nordicware griddle but don't use it anymore.

I had one from Nordicware too. I did not like it was too light weight. Finally for rid off it, been wanting to find new myself.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

I have a heavy aluminum All Clad griddle that I love. It's a 2 burner rectangular one.

I would highly recommend it.

I think Andy might have the same one.

Amazon.com: All-Clad 3020 Hard Anodized Aluminum Nonstick Double Burner Grande 13-Inch X 20-Inch Griddle Specialty Cookware, 20-Inch, Black: Grill Pans: Kitchen & Dining

Although it's pricy, it looks like a dandy Jenny and if I were in the market I'd get that one.
Many people just can't deal with the weight of cast iron. :ermm:

Thank you all for the great replies.

I should have included more information. We're using a glass/ceramic cooktop, so I think that eliminates cast-iron cookware. I'm also looking for a single-burner griddle.

For reference, I've included a couple of pictures that show the thickness and structure of our current Club griddle. It weighs 4 lbs, about twice what I've seen for new aluminum replacements.

Thank you,
Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_2278.jpg
    IMG_2278.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_2279.jpg
    IMG_2279.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 201
This may not be what you're looking for, but I use a Presto Liddle Griddle. It's electric, but does a great job with eggs and such. I too have a glass top.

Thank you all for the great replies.

I should have included more information. We're using a glass/ceramic cooktop, so I think that eliminates cast-iron cookware. I'm also looking for a single-burner griddle.

For reference, I've included a couple of pictures that show the thickness and structure of our current Club griddle. It weighs 4 lbs, about twice what I've seen for new aluminum replacements.

Thank you,
Jeff

Hi again Jeff..
I see that the All Clad also comes in the one burner size..

http://www.amazon.com/All-Clad-Anod..._sim_79_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0HBM7JQGX79CHZBY8KV5

Funny thing. I followed that link to Amazon and they had 4 griddles for comparison. When you go to the page for the Lodge CI griddle, it says under product dimensions that it weighs 16 pounds. But not to worry, because somehow Amazon manages to pare off a couple of pounds to get to a shipping weight of 14.3 pounds. :wacko:

I found that to be somewhat incompatible with the physics I learned in high school. :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom