Looking for a Huge fry pan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hank H

Cook
Does anyone know where I can get a very large fry pan. The one I once used was about 18" in diameter and 5 to 6" deep. The sides curved into the bottom, it was non-stick, and had a long handle on one side and a small handle on the other. I have searched the web far and wide, on retail and professional sites, and can't find anything similar.

I used a pan like this in Italy with my wife's "distant cousin" (they share a common great grandfather). It was great for sautéing lots of vegetables and then adding a pound or two of pasta. It was easy to toss everything together and he even brought it right to the tabele. Unfortunately his pan has no manufacturers label on it I'd really like to find a pan like this and hope someone can help.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where I can get a very large fry pan. The one I once used was about 18" in diameter and 5 to 6" deep. The sides curved into the bottom, it was non-stick, and had a long handle on one side and a small handle on the other. I have searched the web far and wide, on retail and professional sites, and can't find anything similar.

I used a pan like this in Italy with my wife's "distant cousin" (they share a common great grandfather). It was great for sautéing lots of vegetables and then adding a pound or two of pasta. It was easy to toss everything together and he even brought it right to the tabele. Unfortunately his pan has no manufacturers label on it I'd really like to find a pan like this and hope someone can help.

If you've searched, I won't bother, but how about a paella pan?

I looked only at Calphalon for a quick peak. They have pans to 14 inch size. I see what you may be up against. I'm not sure how you get an 18 inch fry pan to evenly heat. Or if it's full, how to carry it from stove to setting on a hot pad at the table without getting all wiggly wobbly.

Try Cabella's (on line) or do you have an REI in Mtn View, or else look at their on-line catalog too. Camping and roughing it in the great outdoors for larger group size meals.

Google Large, extra large and Jumbo Fry pans. ( thank goodness this is cookware and not clothes). But if you find one, check out your waist size before and after :LOL:

Maybe you could look at electric fry pans. They come in larger sizes.

My parents have one hanging in the garage--it is about 2 ft across and 4-5 inches deep, no lid. I can ask where they got it. They used to use it for shore lunches when we had about 12 people out fishing.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

If you've searched, I won't bother, but how about a paella pan?

That's the back up plan I guess if I can find one deep enough

does it need to have a lid?

No, not necessarily, but it would be nice.

My parents have one hanging in the garage--it is about 2 ft across and 4-5 inches deep, no lid. I can ask where they got it. They used to use it for shore lunches when we had about 12 people out fishing.

That's very kind, thank you

I was thinking it sounds like a military surplus item...or check a restaurant supply shop.

[URL="http://up;oad.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c0/CastIronPan.jpghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c0/CastIronPan.jpg[/URLhttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c0/CastIronPan.jpg]
Here's a picture of your Pan!

There are a number of brands of steel frying pans 18" to 20.5" if you look under camping cookware. None that I've found are nonstick, but at least one comes preseasoned. This one at Amazon.com is seasoned, not terribly expensive. Fry pan link

The largest nonstick I know of is my 14" that I bought at Sam's Club under the Bakers and Chefs brand. I also have a Simply Calphalon 12" chicken fryer w/lid which is about 4" deep which holds a pretty good load of pasta.

large frying pan

You might find what you are looking for here:

Click here: Non-Stick Frying Pans | Commercial Cookware | RestaurantSupplyPro.com

Will this one do?

Largest-Frying-Pan.jpg

I have the same pan I lived in South San Jose my mother in law got the pan for me at Costco. I love it but its now wobbly so I am also trying to find a new one!

Back
Top Bottom