Looking for a wok

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oldrustycars

Senior Cook
My son has a Typhoon 14 inch carbon steel wok. He bought it a Target for under $20. Plain carbon steel, no coating. Trying to find another one, can't find one anywhere. Called or visited about 15 Target and Walmart stores, no luck. Kitchen Collection, no luck. Anyone seen a plain, 14 inch carbon steel wok for under $20? Thanks.

i got my Wok at target for about 24$ but like you mention i haven't seen them around like i used to..maybe try an asian market kind of place, but in that thought i am not sure if they will be under 20$

Go find an Asian grocery store in your area. You should be able to get one for cheap there.
And while there, check out their prices on other stuff..

If you live near one, or a restaurant supply store, also a good source. If not, the Wok shop is fast and reliable.

do you think there is a big market for a stainless steel wok heavy duty that would retail for about $125.00 ?
Nope not at all. One of the reasons a wok is such a great tool is that it is carbon steel and it is super inexpensive. $125 is about 10x more than I would expect to spend on a great wok.

I also purchased mine at the wokshop. I have a round-bottom, hand hammered, pow style, carbon-steel wok. I use a propane fired 35kBTU burner (outside) that allows me to really crank up the temp to get that Wok Hay flavor from combustion of the oil and rice wine aerosols.

If I'm cooking indoors on our stove, I use a saute pan which allows for maximum heat transfer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom