Looking for induction compatible cookware recommendation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCook

Senior Cook
We just moved into a new house with an induction stove top. My wife bought some cuisinart DS induction ready cookware that was on clearance at bed bath and beyond. I returned them. One of the pans caused a weird buzzing noise on the burners and the big pot would never bring water to a boil. My cast iron cookware has no problems.

So I’m looking for a set of induction capable cookware. I’ve seen All Clad is highly recommended but it’s out of my budget right now. Is there anything else that would work well? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm surprised Cuisinart gave you problems. I've had good luck in general with their cookware.

If you have access to Costco, they often offer great deals on SS cookware. Otherwise, look into Tramontina.

If manufacturers' claims of induction compatibility can't be trusted all you can do is trial and error.

Any pots or pans that are magnetic should be fine. We bought 2 induction burners and have used our magnetic pots and pans with out issue.

Cookware has to be magnetic to be induction compatible. Tri-ply has a 300 series food grade non-magnetic SS inner layer, and to be induction compatible it has to have a 400 series SS magnetic outer layer. You can test a pan with a refrigerator magnet on the outside of the pan.

I was shopping for a portable induction cooktop and did a lot of reading. The buzzing you are describing happens with some pan / cooktop combinations, but I never found an explanation as to why it occurs.

If you are looking for All Clad they have "factory seconds" sales every 2 or 3 months through homeandcooksales.com. You just missed one about 2 weeks ago. I've purchased several items and they all appear first quality to me. Sale prices are competitive with Amazon, etc. prices for Cuisinart. You can get on their mailing list through All Clad's website.

If Stainless Steel Cookware is ok for you then you can check Duxtop SSC-14PC whole-clade tri-ply induction cookware set. Another option could be Duxtop Whole-Clad Tri-Ply Stainless Steel induction ready cookware. And if you are looking for a nonstick cookware set, then T-fal E765SH Ultimate Hard Anodized Cooking Set might be right one within your budget.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom