Looking for steamer pan for induction range

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John8

Assistant Cook
Hi

We recently bought an induction range are will be using it sometime in the new year.

I am looking for a decent quality pan & steamer pan combo. We currently have a 30 year old stainless steel Governor's Table steamer set which has the following attributes:

Pro:
+ Stainless steel.
+ 30 years old, slight patina, otherwise like new!
+ Steamer pan has one long handle, not two little ones.
+ Steamer pan is purpose built to fit one pan perfectly. No stepped bottom. No precarious stacking issues. Engages bottom pan about 1.5"
+ Decent capacity, about 8" diameter.

Con:
- Steamer pan only about 1.5" above bottom of lower pan restricting water level to about an inch. This has lead to several "boil dry" incidents (and inedible vegies).
- Doesn't work on induction.

I am looking for a pan & steamer pan set like this but works on induction and preferably has a deeper water capacity (and has single long handle). I really don't care if it matches other pans we may buy - its all stainless as far as I am concerned. Therefore would be willing to buy this pair separately.

Steaming is a daily part of our cooking so this is a key piece for us. (Please don't suggest a $3 expanding steamer insert :LOL: ).

Thanks

John

Last edited:
I have several type of pans I can steam in, and an expanding steamer insert, and when I want to steam something I use my rice cooker. I've also been known to put the expanding steamer basket into the rice cooker and steam two things at once.

I have several type of pans I can steam in, and an expanding steamer insert, and when I want to steam something I use my rice cooker. I've also been known to put the expanding steamer basket into the rice cooker and steam two things at once.

interesting you mention rice cooker - ours is INDUCTION!

Still, I am looking for a dedicated pan.

I expect you've done a search for your exact expectations Jon? You might want to go through Ebay and see what's offered and check out restaurant supply houses.

I don't know of any restaurants with induction cooking.....

Back
Top Bottom