Mauviel 2mm thick saucepan stainless hndl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

njaudio2010

Assistant Cook
hello all

i bought a "2.5mm thick, cast iron handle" Mauviel 2.75qt saucepan with handle from ebay. after receiving it. i notice discrepancies: the thickness is 2mm (approx) and handle is stainless. its under ebay-dispute right now. i have offered the seller $110 instead of $160 (selling price) rather than return this. do you guys think $110 is too much for this piece. its in 'newish condition' ( a bit soiled but apparrently unused). is the 2mm thickness ok for real world cooking at the price of $110. thanks for advice in advance.

2 mm is fine for home use. Sauce pans are generally used filled with liquid, and he thickness will not be a problem. The pan will also weigh less, a positive. I did not know that Mauviel made Stainless handled copper cookware. The price new appears to be around $300 w/lid. I assume you are buying it w/lid. $110 seems like a good buy. Shopworn is not too important to me as cookware is meant to be used.

Overall, I would probably it at that price.

yes, the price is very good. Mauviel's M'Heritage series uses 2.0 copper and stainless handles. You can check out list prices at Metrokitchen.com

THKS

I HAVE decided to go ahead at $110 for the pan.. thanks for prompt input.

I have a copper saucepan that size that is 3 mm and it's so heavy I lift it with two hands. 2 mm is fine for most cooking. The CI handles have a nicer older look, but there is nothing wrong with SS. Good luck with your copper cooking. It's the best.

Back
Top Bottom