"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 02-08-2006, 10:52 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Member's Mark Professional Hard Anodized NonStick Cookware 15 Piece set

I just got this set last week and been trying to find some info on it and if anyone has bought it and what they thought of it!!! I look just like the Calphalon One Non Stick set but w/ the Calphalon Hard Anodized lids instead of the glass lids!!! I know I had to season the pots and I have never done that before and it also says it has the "eClipse" non stick coatings, just wondering if anyone has ever heard of this before!!! Thank you for your help, just trying to get as much info as I can on these pots!!! I see aloy of info on the SS set of Member's mark but nothing on the Hard Anodized set? Just curious the Hard Anodized set should cook more evenly right? Not that experinced of a cook!!!

Old 02-09-2006, 02:44 PM   #2
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to Caine
Do NOT put any of them in the dishwasher!

Old 02-09-2006, 05:14 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Member's mark also goes by the more expensive name tramontina.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:36 AM   #4
Assistant Cook

"Member's mark also goes by the more expensive name tramontina."

Maybe for the Stainless Steel set or Try Ply but not for this set I beleive, I think their Calphalon!!! Its like Sams went to Calphalon and told them to make them their best Hard Anodized nonsitck but put Member's Mark names on it and Sam's would buy this amount of them to resell! I mean this set looks just like Calphalon's best non stick set but instead of a glass lid it has the Brushed Stainless lid!!!

Also I know not to put them in the dishwasher, they are sooo easy to clean why would anybody put them in there!!!
Old 02-10-2006, 09:44 AM   #5
Assistant Cook

Everything I go to pull up for tramontina is SS not Hard Anodized so I don't beleive this et is made by tramontina.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:50 AM   #6
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by chardy_taw@hotmail.com
...I know I had to season the pots and I have never done that before and it also says it has the "eClipse" non stick coatings, just wondering if anyone has ever heard of this before!!! ...
You do not season anodized aluminum cookware whether or not it has a non-stick coating. Just use it then wash and dry.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:36 PM   #7
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M.
You do not season anodized aluminum cookware whether or not it has a non-stick coating. Just use it then wash and dry.
well on these Pots you do, it is the first thing that is said to be done!!! It says to lightly wash them then coat them w/ cooking oil and heat up to medium for 3 to 5 minutes a\nd then allow to cool and wash again lightly w/ soap and water!!!! This is what the instructins for the pots said to do and it called it seasoning them
Old 02-15-2006, 02:25 PM   #8
Certified Pretend Chef

Strange, I didn't know that!

Thanks for the info.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:11 PM   #9
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M.
Strange, I didn't know that!

Thanks for the info.
Yeah i think it has something to do w/ the new "eClipse" non stick coating, does anyone have any info on this coating? I know one thing after using them for a couple of weeks now I love these pots!!! I use to cook rice and it would never be finished in 20 minutes or there will still be some water left or I would burn the rice if there wasn't water left(FYI I just moved in my house a year and half ago and we have gas here and i have never cooked w/ gasa before i moved here and it took me sometime to learn to cookj w/ it) and now that we have gas and these pots it cooks much much better and the these pots cook ten times more evenly then my old which were just a cheap set from Macy's
Old 02-23-2006, 04:58 PM   #10
Assistant Cook

Where can additional cookware be purchased, other than Sam's club? Anyone know?