Member's Mark Professional Hard Anodized NonStick Cookware 15 Piece set

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chardy_taw@hotmail.com

Assistant Cook
I just got this set last week and been trying to find some info on it and if anyone has bought it and what they thought of it!!! I look just like the Calphalon One Non Stick set but w/ the Calphalon Hard Anodized lids instead of the glass lids!!! I know I had to season the pots and I have never done that before and it also says it has the "eClipse" non stick coatings, just wondering if anyone has ever heard of this before!!! Thank you for your help, just trying to get as much info as I can on these pots!!! I see aloy of info on the SS set of Member's mark but nothing on the Hard Anodized set? Just curious the Hard Anodized set should cook more evenly right? Not that experinced of a cook!!!

"Member's mark also goes by the more expensive name tramontina."

Maybe for the Stainless Steel set or Try Ply but not for this set I beleive, I think their Calphalon!!! Its like Sams went to Calphalon and told them to make them their best Hard Anodized nonsitck but put Member's Mark names on it and Sam's would buy this amount of them to resell! I mean this set looks just like Calphalon's best non stick set but instead of a glass lid it has the Brushed Stainless lid!!!

Also I know not to put them in the dishwasher, they are sooo easy to clean why would anybody put them in there!!!

chardy_taw@hotmail.com said:
...I know I had to season the pots and I have never done that before and it also says it has the "eClipse" non stick coatings, just wondering if anyone has ever heard of this before!!! ...

You do not season anodized aluminum cookware whether or not it has a non-stick coating. Just use it then wash and dry.

Andy M. said:
You do not season anodized aluminum cookware whether or not it has a non-stick coating. Just use it then wash and dry.

well on these Pots you do, it is the first thing that is said to be done!!! It says to lightly wash them then coat them w/ cooking oil and heat up to medium for 3 to 5 minutes a\nd then allow to cool and wash again lightly w/ soap and water!!!! This is what the instructins for the pots said to do and it called it seasoning them

Andy M. said:
Strange, I didn't know that!

Thanks for the info.

Yeah i think it has something to do w/ the new "eClipse" non stick coating, does anyone have any info on this coating? I know one thing after using them for a couple of weeks now I love these pots!!! I use to cook rice and it would never be finished in 20 minutes or there will still be some water left or I would burn the rice if there wasn't water left(FYI I just moved in my house a year and half ago and we have gas here and i have never cooked w/ gasa before i moved here and it took me sometime to learn to cookj w/ it) and now that we have gas and these pots it cooks much much better and the these pots cook ten times more evenly then my old which were just a cheap set from Macy's

Your 15 piece Professional Hard Anodized NonStick Cookware sounds great. However there is one very good suggestion and that is do not - I mean do not - put the cookware in the dishwasher.

Have a very nice Saturday.

Jill and Jolie

Calphalon and All-Clad and Cuisinart all make cheaper 'versions' of their cookware for the 'wholesale' clubs. Personally, I don't think the quality is there; after all, how can it be? You're paying a bargain price.

But if you like them, and they're working for - you! - then that's great!

I have had these for 6+ years and absolutely love the set. No, don't put in the dishwasher. Not a problem

eclipse coating

Make sure you don't overheat the cookware or the non-stick qualities will reduce within a few months.

cook4fun said:
Make sure you don't overheat the cookware or the non-stick qualities will reduce within a few months.

Good point and true of all non-stick. Do not use it for high heat searing of meats. And don't use non-stick sprays on it. That's the reason it is always good to have a SS saute pan or cast iron pan for browning meats.

Update for all

Hey ya'll...

I know this thread is old, but wanted to give some update on it.

The product is a Tramontina product: w3: tramontina-usa.com/global_innovations.pdf (shows the product)
You can actually tell the difference, simply by sight, between the simular Calphalon product by the lid handles (Calphalon=flat-stamped, Tramontian=smooth) and also the number of long-handle rivets (Calphalon=3, Tramontina=2).

I've also seen the same picture which is used on the Sam'sClub page, also used in an Tramontina add on ChefDepot.com: w3: chefdepot.net/stockpots2.htm
(however, not sure of the ligitimacy of ChefDepot)

Cheers,

Back
Top Bottom