Mixer and cooker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mjh123

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone. I was hoping you may be able to recommend a product that will allow me to mix and cook at the same time. The purpose is for small-batch Turkish Delight (very gloopy) that requires a heavy duty mixer (such as the Kitchenaid one I have already with a very solid motor) that can be placed over a heat source.

Kitchenaid make a "heated mixing bowl" but it's utterly useless. My next idea was to simply use a planetary mixer but all suppliers are saying they are not suitable to be put over a flame.

I find it hard to believe that I'm the only person in the world who needs to mix and cook at the same time? Any suggestions very gratefully received.

Thanks

Michael

Thanks so much for the suggestions. I own a Stirio but have rather outgrown it now. Those kind of tools are fine for soup etc, but a Turkish Delight mixture is incredibly thick (traditional recipes use cornstarch rather than gelatin for the thickening/setting) and Stirio's motor just isn't powerful enough to handle it for more than a few minutes.

It also needs to be stirred much faster. Here's industry-scale Turkish Delight in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDGkWOXsE08

I'm kind of inbetween the home cook and commercial stage. I would like to start producing it in larger batches (3 or 4 litres at a time) but am working in a domestic kitchen.

There doesn't seem to be anything between doing it by hand or investing in huge, professional, industrial-size machines. Maybe the only solution is to look into customising a stand mixer and allowing a heat-source underneath?

Back
Top Bottom