MultiPot 5.5qt will it perform?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PanchoHambre

Washing Up
I am thinking about buying this 5.5qt "MultiPot" I am wondering if anybody has used these and what they think.

My reason for considering this is I need something between the 3qt and 8qt sizes for everyday cooking. I see this being used for both Pasta and for making sauces and possibly some saute? I have quite a few skillets (SS & CI small saucepans and large stockpots and a steamer but I am lacking in this area

I have some real space constraints I am hoping this can double as a saucepans/saute pan

I am not sure if this sort of a sauteuse/saucepan hybrid will be able to do what I want. It is a multiclad Cuisinart brand (I have some of this brand it is only OK IMHO but the pricepoint on this pot is good.... if purchsed it will see much use/abuse I do not have an AllClad type budget)

added a discription of this pan... it has a wide top and narrower aluminum core base with curved sloping sides. It is somewhat wider and shorter than a traditional saucepan.

Last edited:
Sorry bowlingshirt, but PanchoHambre does not have the required 20 posts to be able to post links.

Last edited:
Ron thanks for your reply.

Yeah thats the one (both links the same though)

I had the same concerns about the smaller bottom being less than functional...Dont know why I am pretending to try to save space anyway it just is not going to happen.

Looking twice it does not appear to be multiclad either

Saw a farberware millenium 6qt ss w/aluminum base stock pot for a cheapish $25 on a discount rack I'm going to pick that up. Maybe not a great deal but I need the 6qt it is sort of the missing link in my kitchen right now. Maybe I will pick up a sauteuse later on. I know its not going to comare to the DeMeyere i was using but I just cant afford that level right now need to save $$ to replace the actual kitchen.

I am thinking about buying this 5.5qt "MultiPot" I am wondering if anybody has used these and what they think.

My reason for considering this is I need something between the 3qt and 8qt sizes for everyday cooking. I see this being used for both Pasta and for making sauces and possibly some saute? I have quite a few skillets (SS & CI small saucepans and large stockpots and a steamer but I am lacking in this area

I have some real space constraints I am hoping this can double as a saucepans/saute pan

I am not sure if this sort of a sauteuse/saucepan hybrid will be able to do what I want. It is a multiclad Cuisinart brand (I have some of this brand it is only OK IMHO but the pricepoint on this pot is good.... if purchsed it will see much use/abuse I do not have an AllClad type budget)

added a discription of this pan... it has a wide top and narrower aluminum core base with curved sloping sides. It is somewhat wider and shorter than a traditional saucepan.

I have something somewhat like this called the Presto Options Multi Cooker,
which slow cooks, boils, steams, sautes, fries, deep fries, roasts and regular cooks.

Go to Presto® Pressure Cookers and Electric Appliances. Over near the right, click on Multi Cookers. There are several models from which to choose.

I bought the appliance from Sears though.

Last edited:
I see you updated the lower link Ron... yeah that is more like what I was wanting! The price on the other was just appealing... but its not worth it if the piece does not have utility. If I dont use it it cant stay in my kitchen.

I am still leaning towards the discount millenium pot. I think it will do what I need and the price is right. I hope it will hold up though it is for sale at a discount clothing store of all places. I have a smaller saucepan same line that feels pretty sturdy.
After years of being too careful with someone else's DeMeyere I am happy to have my own stuff and my own place. While I can't afford the high end stuff right now and I need cookware that can take a beating I am hard on stuff. It dosen't need to be pretty but it needs to work well.

Corey that is quite a contraption I wish I had the room for stuff like that!

Back
Top Bottom