My Answer to Niecy's Flaming Orange Kitchen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leolady

Head Chef
Niecy did get a set of Rachel Ray knives, and a set of Rachel Ray cookware against my advice.

I decided to kill my niece and my sister with kindness.

Today, I found niecy a dozen clear orange tall tumblers at Walmart for $1.89 each.

I went through my extensive cookware stash and found two orange Le Creuset very versatile pieces which I really didn't need. I had several duplicates.

img_1123012_0_66f632ccd4ff8accb4ac3d971d5c0e34.jpg

img_1123012_1_6b48c413a2c4640e2b1fa011c8f80803.jpg

She can use the oval roaster for chicken, roasts, soups, and stews. The open roaster is good for roasts, casseroles, as well as the occasional cake.

I found some versatile Corningware pieces also. A pie pan, a square baking pan, a round baking pan, and a loaf pan.

img_1123012_2_958b947823e66cbbc6d7c0a8b18092b2.jpg

There is a orange mini bundt muffin pan, and a middle size bundt muffin pan. I gave her a kitchen timer, a flame Rival crockpot, and a Oster electric knife sharpner.

Ebay is my friend, so I found Niecy a set of stacking canisters and a matching cookie jar.

img_1123012_3_cb8f6d243cc5a3b8d68ad42f62486045.jpg

There is a orange Tupperware pitcher and a set of orange pyrex mixing bowls.

And I found this orange Le Creuset chicken fryer.

img_1123012_4_71d1b5ab547f9a873c508a490316ec5d.jpg

On Etsy I found this Waring blender.

img_1123012_5_e733f64b97951d02e27a7e6bd8ac4302.jpg

Surprisingly, since my sister was out of town, niecy really liked what I gave her. She confided in me that her mother had told her to turn down the Le Creuset I tried to give her before! It is not my niece who has warped values, it was my sister sabotaging my niece!
eek.gif
My sister is going to buy niecy a orange Kitchenaid hand mixer.

And! My niece gave me permission to buy whatever orange floral dishes I wanted! I chose Corelle Wildflower dishes. They are dishwasher, microwave, and oven safe.

img_1123012_7_889ed6a5d9bdc8db852c6e0c6b5cbe19.jpg

Last edited:
Does your sister think you are made of money?

I've heard people say stuff like, "Just say no, she'll buy something better."

What happened to the photos I posted? They are gone!

Now they are back! HELLO!

Last edited:
Very generous of you, Leolady! I hope she is grateful, and appreciative. That's quite a retro collection to pass along!

Thanks for the kind words.:cool:

Someday soon I will go through the boxes in my garage. In one box I am sure I remember, is a Cuisinart Custom 11 food processor and assorted disks. Since I have another one just like it, niecy can have it.

My niece and her boyfriend were so excited to get a couple of cookbooks in today's haul and are looking forward to really learning to cook together. I want to encourage them. I will just make sure my sister does not know what I am doing!

ah, a nice end to the story. well, except for the crappy sister part.

i'm glad you can pass on your love of cooking, choc. that's the best gift anyone can get from their family, not the pots and pans.

Last edited:
Oh, Dear! Well, nice to know there was a more happy ending to this story than we thought!

Speaking of niece; I have a nephew who will call me every once in awhile. "Auntie Claire, help!" He'll have a gal he wants to impress, or a party to bring some food, or a bit of venison a hunter friend gave him. I'll talk him through the grocery store and follow up with an email with other ideas. It's good family stuff.

Good Morning,

Wish I had an Aunt, or a sister ( do not have one of those ) or a brother and sister in law ( have 1 each of those ! ) that were so kind to me when I had moved to Europe in 1992, and when we had bought the Condo in Puglia, Italy at the end of 2011 ... My kitch in Puglia, Italia is White and Adriatic Sea Blue ...

The city urban loft duplex kitchen in Madrid is Sand dune pale beige with deep Cherry accents, and counter top ...

Thanks for anecdotes and posting ... Empathy here --- You are kind and giving out of love for ur niece. I hope she appreciates her aunt and friend !

Have a nice Sunday.
Margaux

Last edited:
She'll be all set to host a Halloween party.:LOL: That should get her started with cooking. You could suggest it to her and help her out with cooking hints. It could be a great experience to bond and feed her love for cooking.

@ Zhizara,

Halloween is quite far away, and she missed Carnival ...

My empathy ... Just let´s hope this niece appreciates how much her Aunt loves her ... Her sister, well, unfortunately, we can choose our friends, however, sometimes family members can be a tough call ...

Kind regards.
Margi.

ah, a nice end to the story. well, except for the crappy sister part.

i'm glad you can pass on your love of cooking, choc. that's the best gift anyone can get from their family, not the pots and pans.

Thanks everybody. This is what I want to do, make a difference in this world.

I want to teach my niece that just because you ARE poor, you don't have to live poor, or be poor in spirit. And wherever you live, you can with effort not dollars, make it into a comfortable warm happy home.

By the time I am finished in a few months my out of pocket expense for the "flaming" kitchen will only be about $435! A lot of the things I shopped from my own overstocked kitchen. Pretty cheap for a kitchen stocked with Le Creuset, an 8 cup Cuisinart & disks, a good quality Waring blender, a Thorpe rolling pin, a Rival crockpot, Corningware/Corelle/Pyrex dish/cookware, and all the necessities!

I get joy out of being there for my nieces, so the "giving" is not at all one sided. :cool:

Thanks for your message. It is quite clear, that you love your niece(s) regardless ... and you are truly generous ... The " flame orange " is her taste ... Colorologists say: orange stimulates the appetite ! so thus, hopefully she shall improve her culinary skills.

I have 5 grandchildren ( 4 males and 1 female ) ranging from 4 months to 5 years old ... I love to buy things for them, when I see something, I know shall surprise them ... We bake snowboy and snowgirl cookies every Christmas ... Filippo and Christophe the twins ( age 5 ) are quite interested in the culinary arts ... Little Adyson ( age 4 ) takes after her grandmom ... and the two youngest, are thrilled and all smiley by the aromas, Jonah Daniel 15 mos. and Anthony Luca ( 4 mos. ) ...

So, you have enjoyed the art of selfless giving.

Empathy here ... I know we all hope that she realises how wonderful you have been to her ... and learns the art of appreciation ...

Kindest.
Margaux Cintrano.

Last edited:
I went through my stash of curtains, and found a brand new orange checkered set of window valances, matching cafe curtains, and four chair cushions.

And I found a Thorpe rolling pin in my stash.

img_1124605_0_283bbee6fdcab8be45511cfd3710c7c7.jpg

My sister is going to buy niecy this orange Kitchenaid hand mixer.

img_1124605_1_382712e96e72ffea71c5f32fbf6445b0.jpg

And I picked up these orange Tupperware canisters at the thrift shop.

img_1124605_2_fbfdfcf5ddc21c4590779793ff94fb61.jpg

Seems to me your niece is one lucky girl. Her mom needs to be ignored. Appears she is old enough to pick and choose the things she like without her mom jumping in !!!She needs to say sorry mom this is my life and I need to live it in my fashione, please join me. And to you she needs to give a big hug. What a treasure you are.
kades

Thank you kadesma!

I won this utensil set on Ebay! I forgot....

img_1124634_0_744ff50e83dcb38ac7041ffca8773285.jpg

Last edited:
I know I have been going overboard, but I could not resist this King sized pillow case I found on Ebay!

img_1126166_0_22226f645daae768901d4cc1b92c2865.jpg

With a little TLC and some basic sewing, I can make it into a great looking window valance for niecy's kitchen.

And of course shortly after I found the pillowcase, I found matching placemats on Ebay!

img_1126166_1_4078a0195c133297e413cb1255a52a36.jpg

And I was thinking of making a nice comfy braided rug like this one for her.

img_1126166_2_ef476eaf1ee1855abc728d4f553404c7.jpg

I have my heart set on an orange salt shaker and matching peppermill.

Sounds like you've caught her orange bug! You're having fun, aren't you.

I am having a ball!:ROFLMAO:

Even though orange isn't my color of choice, I love the challenge of finding that elusive item that will complete a set. Or finally getting the perfect whatizit to complement a color scheme.

I did the same thing when niecy went to college last year. I decorated her dorm room in the school colors to the max! I enjoyed the heck out of it!:LOL:

Lucky Niece

Seems to me your niece is one lucky girl. Her mom needs to be ignored. Appears she is old enough to pick and choose the things she like without her mom jumping in !!!She needs to say sorry mom this is my life and I need to live it in my fashione, please join me. And to you she needs to give a big hug. What a treasure you are.
kades

Yes, I am in agreement, that your niece is very lucky to have such a warm, loving Aunt ... Hope she appreciates ... However, none the less, you truly enjoy the decorating too !

The rug is stunning --- I like coral ...

Lovely choices ... Thanks for posting,

Happy Easter to all,

Margi.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom