"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 03-24-2012, 08:37 PM   #1
Head Chef

My Answer to Niecy's Flaming Orange Kitchen

Niecy did get a set of Rachel Ray knives, and a set of Rachel Ray cookware against my advice.

I decided to kill my niece and my sister with kindness.

Today, I found niecy a dozen clear orange tall tumblers at Walmart for $1.89 each.

I went through my extensive cookware stash and found two orange Le Creuset very versatile pieces which I really didn't need. I had several duplicates.

She can use the oval roaster for chicken, roasts, soups, and stews. The open roaster is good for roasts, casseroles, as well as the occasional cake.

I found some versatile Corningware pieces also. A pie pan, a square baking pan, a round baking pan, and a loaf pan.

There is a orange mini bundt muffin pan, and a middle size bundt muffin pan. I gave her a kitchen timer, a flame Rival crockpot, and a Oster electric knife sharpner.

Ebay is my friend, so I found Niecy a set of stacking canisters and a matching cookie jar.

There is a orange Tupperware pitcher and a set of orange pyrex mixing bowls.

And I found this orange Le Creuset chicken fryer.

On Etsy I found this Waring blender.

Surprisingly, since my sister was out of town, niecy really liked what I gave her. She confided in me that her mother had told her to turn down the Le Creuset I tried to give her before! It is not my niece who has warped values, it was my sister sabotaging my niece!My sister is going to buy niecy a orange Kitchenaid hand mixer.

And! My niece gave me permission to buy whatever orange floral dishes I wanted! I chose Corelle Wildflower dishes. They are dishwasher, microwave, and oven safe.

The luster of shiny new appliances can't compete with the virtues of Vintage: namely durability, simplicity, superior cooking and a cool retro look. http://leoladyshousecollectiblesandg....blogspot.com/
http://leoladysw.blogspot.com/
Leolady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Does your sister think you are made of money?

I've heard people say stuff like, "Just say no, she'll buy something better."

Old 03-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #3
Head Chef

What happened to the photos I posted? They are gone!

Now they are back! HELLO!
The luster of shiny new appliances can't compete with the virtues of Vintage: namely durability, simplicity, superior cooking and a cool retro look. http://leoladyshousecollectiblesandg....blogspot.com/
Old 03-24-2012, 09:49 PM   #4
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Very generous of you, Leolady! I hope she is grateful, and appreciative. That's quite a retro collection to pass along!
Old 03-24-2012, 09:52 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leolady View Post
What happened to the photos I posted? They are gone!

Now they are back! HELLO!
Probably just your Internet connection was a bit slow, or PhotoBucket's server was heavily loaded and slow to respond.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:48 PM   #6
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATTRAT View Post
Very generous of you, Leolady! I hope she is grateful, and appreciative. That's quite a retro collection to pass along!

Thanks for the kind words.

Someday soon I will go through the boxes in my garage. In one box I am sure I remember, is a Cuisinart Custom 11 food processor and assorted disks. Since I have another one just like it, niecy can have it.

My niece and her boyfriend were so excited to get a couple of cookbooks in today's haul and are looking forward to really learning to cook together. I want to encourage them. I will just make sure my sister does not know what I am doing!
Old 03-25-2012, 03:12 AM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

ah, a nice end to the story. well, except for the crappy sister part.

i'm glad you can pass on your love of cooking, choc. that's the best gift anyone can get from their family, not the pots and pans.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:31 AM   #8
Master Chef

Oh, Dear! Well, nice to know there was a more happy ending to this story than we thought!

Speaking of niece; I have a nephew who will call me every once in awhile. "Auntie Claire, help!" He'll have a gal he wants to impress, or a party to bring some food, or a bit of venison a hunter friend gave him. I'll talk him through the grocery store and follow up with an email with other ideas. It's good family stuff.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:49 AM   #9
Executive Chef

Good Morning,

Wish I had an Aunt, or a sister ( do not have one of those ) or a brother and sister in law ( have 1 each of those ! ) that were so kind to me when I had moved to Europe in 1992, and when we had bought the Condo in Puglia, Italy at the end of 2011 ... My kitch in Puglia, Italia is White and Adriatic Sea Blue ...

The city urban loft duplex kitchen in Madrid is Sand dune pale beige with deep Cherry accents, and counter top ...

Thanks for anecdotes and posting ... Empathy here --- You are kind and giving out of love for ur niece. I hope she appreciates her aunt and friend !

Have a nice Sunday.
Margaux
Old 03-25-2012, 07:50 AM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

She'll be all set to host a Halloween party. That should get her started with cooking. You could suggest it to her and help her out with cooking hints. It could be a great experience to bond and feed her love for cooking.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kitchen, orange