Name that Enameled Cast Iron!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

choclatechef

Washing Up
img_124096_0_308469b3c73dd6914e68213367b38cf3.jpg
img_124096_1_5cc777509dc152701b23541fab806b79.jpg

img_124096_2_0d5fd014be7e680e97a0a75c35028229.jpg
img_124096_3_bc5248af737e8b1ff04dc89ecbd076e1.jpg

Name each of the pictured enameled cast iron brands, you cookware experts!

I will give you some hints, but you have to decide, which is which!:angel:

LE CREUSET. LE CREUSET WAS AND IS MADE IN FRANCE. IT IS AVAILABLE IN MOST HOUSEWARES STORES AND ON E-BAY, BUT IT IS PRICEY! LE CREUSET COMES IN GREAT COLORS AND A WIDE RANGE OF POT STYLES. THIS IS WHAT YOU SEE DAILY ON MOST FOOD NETWORK COOKING SHOWS.

COUSANCES. COUSANCES COOKWARE WAS MADE BY ANOTHER FRENCH COMPANY FOR MANY YEARS. IT IS VERY SIMILAR TO LE CREUSET. IT WAS PURCHASED BY LE CREUSET IN THE 1960'S WHO STILL PRODUCE COOKWARE UNDER THIS NAME. TO FIND THE PRE-LE CREUSET COUSANCES COOKWARE, CHECK OUT THE INTERNET, E-BAY, AND OTHER SECONDARY MARKETS.

COPCO. COPCO IS DANISH, MODERN IN DESIGN AND IN BRILLIANT COLORS. IT IS NO LONGER BEING MANUFACTURED. MADE OF THE HEAVIEST CAST IRON OF ALL THE BRANDS, AND BOASTING WONDERFUL BARE IRON POT BASES FOR MAXIMUM CONDUCTIVITY; I THINK COPCO MADE THE BEST ENAMELED CAST IRON COOKWARE AND BAKEWARE EVER MADE. YOU CAN FIND IT AT GARAGE SALES, THRIFT SHOPS, AN ON E-BAY.

DESCOWARE. DESCOWARE WAS MADE IN BELGIUM, AND HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED [ALSO BOUGHT OUT BY LE CREUSET SINCE IT WAS SO VERY SIMILAR TO LE CREUSET] IN THE 1950'S. DESCOWARE IS FAIRLY EASY TO FIND ON E-BAY AND OTHER SECONDARY MARKETS.

OK, I'll take a stab at it. From Left to right top:

Cousances, Le Creuset

Descoware, Copco.

You have one answer right!

I will tell you all of the correct answers after everyone has had a chance to play.

LMAO! I bet it is the Copco. LOL. I have NO idea which is which, but I am glad I got ONE right. Come on everyone, I want to see who gets it right! GB? I know you are a cookware fiend.

You guys are just so good, I got depressed! I underestimated the abilities of members here.:ohmy:

As the first DC member who got all the correct answers, I award buckytom the trophy! :chef:

buckytom said:
ok, i'll take a stab at it.

copco, le creuset

cousances, descoware

buckytom said:
thank you, thank you (waving hand for more applause).

.....and tell me bucky, what is the key to your success? How did you so quickly determine which of the cookware was which brand?

Do you have some tips for those youngsters watching in TV-land who want to grow up and be like you?

Give us some tips we can use to become an expert like you!:ermm:

actually i partly cheated choc. it was memory, deduction, and googling. :)

i remember seeing old le creuset sets with the wooden handle and metal loop when i looked into buying a le creuset set on ebay a while ago. so, with the info that alix had 1 correct, i assumed that was it.

then, knowing your penchant for ebay, and seeing the little camera symbol in the pictures, i figured the pictures you used were from ebay auctions. and voila! i found the picture for the cousances for sale.

so with 2 correct, the other 2 answers from alix's post just had to be reversed.

cheating? maybe.
but i won! :)
i won i won i won i won i won i won...

buckytom said:
actually i partly cheated choc. it was memory, deduction, and googling. :)

i remember seeing old le creuset sets with the wooden handle and metal loop when i looked into buying a le creuset set on ebay a while ago. so, with the info that alix had 1 correct, i assumed that was it.

then, knowing your penchant for ebay, and seeing the little camera symbol in the pictures, i figured the pictures you used were from ebay auctions. and voila! i found the picture for the cousances for sale.

so with 2 correct, the other 2 answers from alix's post just had to be reversed.

cheating? maybe.
but i won! :)
i won i won i won i won i won i won...

Drat!!!!!! :-p

I knew that Ebay would be my downfall in all of this!

My kingdom for a digital camera, [and the knowledge to use one] so I don't have to steal photos from the net!

Next time, bucky --- I will be ready for you!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom