Need a new stock pot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, the family is once again on me for suggestions for Christmas gifts, so while looking over Italian Wedding Soup recipes I realized that I could use a new stock pot for making soup. I have an inexpensive stainless steel 12 qt pot with a lid, but if I don't pay attention, ingredients will often stick to the bottom...quickly!

I know there are lots of options out there, but I would like to hear from some of you who have a decent stock/soup pot that distributes the heat evenly on the stovetop. One of the kids will be buying this, so it would be nice if it were somewhere in $50 price range. Not sure if that's too low, but the kids aren't made of money. If it's a lot more, I'll just buy it for myself after Christmas and ask for more sox & underwear.:LOL: Gosh, I am really hard to buy for...

JoeV

Mine is Invitations Professional... It's a great stockpot. Stainless with a heavy disk bottom that really spreads the heat and simmers beautifully on my glasstop range. I don't know exactly what it cost, but I doubt it was more that $30-$40... It was a Christmas gift from my mother 2 or 3 years ago, and no way that she would spend more than that.

Back
Top Bottom