"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 04-16-2005, 03:24 AM   #1
Assistant Cook

Need advise Calphalon infused anodized or one nonstick (what about Circulon)

Hello,

I'm new here, I hope some of you might be able to help me. I'm about to buy a new set of cookware. I'm thinking about Calphalon infused hard anodize and Calphalon one non stick, it's the same price. Anyone could advise if the Calphalon infused anodized is okay? It's really not as sticky as other pan? It claims to be better than the normal pan... not as stick. What about Circulon? It's hard anodized with nonstick? Is circulon hard anodized non stick as good as calphalon one non stick? I've read some review in Amazon, they said I better know the different of non-stick and anodized surface cooking. Please advise what's the different I'll get from that?

I would really wish someone could help me out here. Thank you in advance

Old 04-16-2005, 09:45 AM   #2
Chief Eating Officer

Hi chadapim and welcome to the site. I am sure you will get a ton of good info here. I can not talk to any of the pans you mentioned, but hopefully this will help. I have some Calphalon non stick pans (the regular kind) and I love them. They are heavy which is a very good thing (retains heat) and the non stick coating is great. It wears down a bit after some time so it won't be quite as slick as the day you buy them, but that happens with almost any non stick pan. Even though it wears down, it is still extremely non stick. The pans are very durable as well. I even have one that has a deep scratch in the non stick coating. The scratch is probably close to 2 years old at this point. It has never gotten worse and nothing sticks to the scratch. It is really just cosmetic even though it is a deep cut. The non stick coating is not chipping or peeling off form that spot like I would have expected. So while I can't speak to the specific products you are looking at, I can say that Calphalon non stick pans are great IMO. Good Luck!

Old 04-16-2005, 11:53 AM   #3
Assistant Cook

Hi GB,

Thank you very much for your reply. There's one question I think you could help, does the Calphalon's non stick pan have a surface like CIRCULON? The Circulon's coated surface isn't really flat, there's a circle line on it.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-16-2005, 12:48 PM   #4
Cook

I have a couple of Calphalon anodized aluminum pieces and it's good stuff, I always use the 3 qt. stock pot for pinto beans. I dont know about the anodized nonstick though. I have had a couple of Calphalon regular nonstick frying pans and they last a year or two. The one I've had for 2 years now is showing some wear and it's never been above medium heat and I only use it for breakfast and that's using it mainly on the weekends, when I have time to cook. I dont know if they're even making the type I have anymore. I did read in a friend's America's Test Kitchen magazine about the Calphalon 1 and it didn't fair well against their favorite nonstick pan All-Clad. They said it seared very well but didn't do well as a nonstick, but it was easy to clean. You can read thru this forum and learn alot on this subject.
Old 04-16-2005, 05:41 PM   #5
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadapim
Hi GB,

Thank you very much for your reply. There's one question I think you could help, does the Calphalon's non stick pan have a surface like CIRCULON? The Circulon's coated surface isn't really flat, there's a circle line on it.

Thanks in advance.
The Calphalon pans I have have a smooth flat surface. There is no circle line like on the Circulon pans.