"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware
Old 11-07-2013, 07:02 PM   #1
Assistant Cook
Need lid for T-Fal skillet

Can anyone recommend a lid (that actually fits) for the 10inch T-Fal Signature Frying Pan - C1190 series? I need to buy one. Thanks!

Deuces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:08 PM   #2
Certified Pretend Chef
Have you contacted T-Fal or checked their website?

"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire
If you can't find what you need, take a look at the universal lids. They are supposed to fit all pans. (Only in desperation though.) I have one and hate it. But I use it only because I have a restaurant sauté pan that has no lid.
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:50 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
We have all manner of skillets...restaurant types, department store kinds, etc. Some came with lids. Others, most, didn't. I like having a lid.

So...over the years I have found lids for all of them at such places as Goodwill, Salvation Army, thrift stores, consignment stores, etc.

The most I've paid for these lids is one US dollar. Many of them are tempered glass, which I love and allow me to see what I'm cooking.

Check these sources in your area. You might be pleasantly surprised.
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:08 AM   #5
Sous Chef
I agree with Katie. Lids are the close to easiest of kitchen supplies to find. In a pinch a crimped sheet of foil would work.
Oldvine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:48 AM   #6
I like Addie's suggestion of the universal lid. Unlike her, we like ours. Only problem is that if it is very large it hits handles so doesn't fit down all the way. My bride uses it regularly on our cast iron skillets. Another possibility is the silicon microwave lids; the one we have claimed microwave, oven and stovetop approved. Just remember to peel it off and not just lift since it seals down enough to pick up a small sauce pan with contents.

bbobson is offline   Reply With Quote