"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 02-26-2008, 02:49 PM   #11
Senior Cook

Calphalon Grill Pans

We have both Calphalon non-stick and the SS tri-ply which itself is an awesome grill pan. Not too heavy, only problem is we have a gas grill outdoors and really easy to use that most days of the year.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:28 AM   #12
Sous Chef

I have an older lodge ("borrowed from mom" which is probably the better tool but one of my most frequently used pieces is my small square Le Creuset grill. It requires a little patience and scrubbing but the iron keeps the heat nice and even and it helps get me get my grill fix through the winter until I can fire up the charcoal. This is a nice little go to pan because even though it is iron it is small enough to be manageable. It works great for chicken and meats.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:40 AM   #13
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turando View Post
Hi Constance,

I'm on the lookout for a grill pan. Is this the one you got? Amazon.com: Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 11-Inch Square Grill Pan: Home & Garden

Thankyou!
Sorry to be late responding, Turando. I bought the Calpalon One, here:

Amazon.com: Calphalon One Nonstick 11-Inch Square Grill Pan: Home & Garden

Don't let the price scare you...when you click on it, you get their price, which is around $50 including shipping.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:55 AM   #14
Executive Chef

I gave the Lodge another go a few days ago. Looks like it's going to be a yard sale item. Next winter I'll replace it with one of those ^^^^^^^^.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:33 AM   #15
Master Chef

I think mine is in the basement somewhere, Jeekinz.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:20 PM   #16
Assistant Cook

Anyone know if you can use the Calphalon non-stick and the SS tri-ply grill pans on a ceramic top stove?
Old 03-09-2008, 10:43 PM   #17
Senior Cook

I did have a Calphalon grill pan, but got rid of it. It didn't seem to really give me the desired results. I do now own two Lodge grill pans. One is the round and the other is the two burner pan. I use them both very often, always with great results. The cast iron gets good and hot and cooks beautifully. Since both pans are well seasoned, I have no problem with sticking. They are heavy which is the only problem.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:15 PM   #18
Assistant Cook

Cuisinart just came out with a new line called Green Gourmet. It's only at Bed Bath & Beyond, and is one their website. I wasn't allowed to post the link. It's ceramic based nonstick cookware and has no PTFE, or PFOA which are the bad things in Teflon, and which the government has mandated must be phased out a few years from now.

The have an 11" ridges square grill similar in shape to the Calphalon ONE grill. It can also take higher temps than the teflon without breaking down, and I think it's also much harder. Sells for $59.99.