New tea kettle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
After 15 years, my tea kettle needs to be replaced. The bottom is all corroded, and when I wash it out, bits of black stuff come out.

I looked over all kinds of teapots...didn't mind spending a few $$, as I'm a big iced tea drinker. But after checking out Kitchen Aide, Le Creuset, and several other pricey ones, I ended up buying a Revere Ware tea kettle that is stainless steel with a copper bottom. It's guaranteed for 25 years, so it will probably outlast me. :LOL: And it was only about $30, including shipping.

My blue speckled tea pitcher has also gotten pretty worn...can't get it clean in the bottom anymore, so I also ordered a stainless steel pitcher from Polar for about the same price as the teapot.

I sure hope my tea starts tasting better...lately, it's been pretty nasty. :(

Connie, I've had my Revere Ware tea kettle for over 30 years and it's still going strong. Once a month I boil about 2 cups of white vinegar in it, which helps to keep scaling down. Then wash it out with hot soapy water. Mine looks and "boils" as good as new today as it did when I bought it.

Last edited:
I was just on Amazon today trying to select an electric tea kettle. I have an old fashioned Revere Ware that is ancient and I accidently turned the wrong darn burner on the stove the other day and about burned the tea kettle up (it was empty and unfortunately sitting on the burner I turned on by accident). I use alot of hot water too, I like to have my boiled water quick.

Electric Tea Kettle

I bought an electric tea kettle from uptontea.com about six months ago and I love it. It boils a quart of water in about four minutes. I chose the variable temperature model because I drink a lot of green and white tea. I also use it to boil water for cooking.

I know others who like the Utilitea electric kettle from adagio.com. I don't miss my stovetop kettle at all.

Back
Top Bottom