New to Le Creuset

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pollyanna1

Assistant Cook
I have read about Le Creuset, so when we passed the outlet store in NC, we stopped and I bought a 5.5 qt round piece.

Does anyone have any suggestion as to what to cook? I am looking at a recipe for beef bourguignon, but would like a chicken dish too.

Do I use it for all cooking of stews, soups? I guess I really don't know what to do with it.

chili, irish stew, beef stew, chicken pot pie, chicken n dumplin's, pot of spaghetti sauce, you name it! enjoy

I have a question about those. I have a glass top stove. Am I able to use those without scratching the surface? I know that the instructions with the stove said not to use a cast iron type.

Your glass top stove is safe, as long as you don't drop the pot. A 5.5 quart round Le Creuset pot weighs about the same as a pallet of bricks.

Thanks for the reply!

As for scratching a glass top stove with cast iron, I haven't. I just am very careful and do not slide the pan around on the stove top. I don't think that the clad Le Creuset pan will scratch, but it is very heavy.

I looooove my Le Creuset pieces. They are perfect for braising since the lids fit so tightly. I often use my larger one to make chicken stock. I can't wait for the weather to cool down so I can start making soups and stews in them again.

Success!

Thanks all! I made short ribs today and they were very good. Even made gravy. I will make a chicken recipe next, most likely Coq au Vin.

Now I need to find another outlet store and buy, maybe a 3.5 qt or even 2.5, for the travel trailer.

Back
Top Bottom